Expedia Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed phone interview with HR and second interview. Third interview was only held by the hiring manager, there were no other people to witness the interview, an HR person or anyone, In order to avoid that the interviewer makes a choice purely based on personal preferences in regards to race/age/gender etc

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on the Expedia career website. Started with a recruiting manager arranging a screening call asking very brief details about experience & tech stacks that I've used. Followed by two software developers calling a week later for a first telephone interview where they asked me about the projects I've worked on, why I would like to work for Expedia, and why I want to leave my current position. This then lead to an interview in the Expedia offices with an hour of questions from a backend dev, an hour of questions from a frontend dev, and an hour of conversation about tech with the manager of the whole team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you were proud of and how you approached achieving the end result.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between === and ==?   1 Answer
    • Write a function that takes an array of fruit and their price and prints the total amount.   Answer Question
    • Using OOP and class inheritance, draw a diagram to describe a car.   1 Answer
    • How to I secure the data of a cookie when sent?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

1 phone call with HR with general questions about you and salary expectations.
    1 phone call with future manager to discuss previous experiences, interests for the job.
    1 case to prepare at home using global data --> make a presentation.
    1 day at the office with 4 interviews with different managers. Questions varied depending on the interviewer, but mainly focused on the case, situational, competency-based questions, some case questions.

Interview Questions

• - Why this role and firm?
      - Tell me about a time when you had to make your case using data to a non-data-driven audience?
      - Tell me about a time when you had to work with people with different point of views, competencies?
      - You're playing a game of russian roulette, I put two balls next to each other (6 holes in total). I shoot once, nothing happens. Should I shoot again without rolling or roll it and then shoot?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for 2 different departments and got contacted for a phone call for both positions. A few days later one recruiter cancelled the call saying the position was no longer available.

The other recruiter scheduled me for 1 HR interview and 1 technical interview. The HR interviewer was 20 minutes late. The interviews were quite generic and I thought they went well. The technical phone interviewer said they would be in touch regarding a take home test. Never heard back from them ever again, despite asking for updates a few times. They clearly did not respect my time. Very frustrating experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency based and what attracts me to the role, what would I find challenging about this role, how can I develop in this role etc   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

In total I did 6 Interviews, with different parts of the business, First with recruiter, then 5 other. Process was smooth, and well organized, considering it involved different timezones.

Interview Questions

• What annoys you when looking at marketing   1 Answer

Back End Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview has 2 stages, one was online coding exercises, other was assessment day in the office. The first part was standard Hackerrank tasks, two questions, you can choose languages. The second part was in their office and contained 2 parts - technical and group exercise. Interviewers and people who helped during the day was very helpful and friendly. At the beginning of each section, we had some 'icebreaker' to meet with team or interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 'Icebreaker' - about myself, my experience, interests, etc.
      Coding questions - you are given some problem to solve, standard whiteboard thing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through a university recruitment portal. Passed through two phone-call/Skype interview stages (the first ~30 minutes and nontechnical, the second ~1 hour and technical). Invited down to London for an in person interview (travel expenses reimbursed).

Interviews happened concurrently with ~15 others applying for internships/graduate positions. First was a ~2 hour (or a little under) technical interview with two engineers. Comprised of whiteboard exercises and a small amount of practical programming on a provided laptop.

This was followed by lunch and a group exercise with 3-4 of the other applicants (design and market an idea for a travel app). There was then one final interview with a team leader (fairly nontechnical).

Interview Questions

• Write a program to accept well-bracketed sequences of characters.   Answer Question
    • Roughly sketch the high level design of a vending machine (states/classes/transitions).   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes a long time, however, they are extremely helpful. My fist interview was face-to-face, because they visited the campus (I had the interview in Amsterdam)! The interview takes on average 30 to 45 minutes, and there are many technical questions, but also personality-based ones. Moreover, they provided feedback after the first stage of the interview, which I had with the HR manager and Area Manage. Overall, very pleasant experience! The questions were mostly ok, however, there are some tricky ones. I have also heard that some of my colleagues were asked math questions, but I did not have too many.

Interview Questions

• Why Expedia?
      What challenges would you face in this position?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then an online coding test via HackerRank. I was successful in both and was invited to an interview at the Expedia office. This was similar to an assessment say - a technical interview involving both a whiteboard task and a coding task, office tour, chance to meet current interns and graduates and a group exercise which was assessed by others in the company. It was a really enjoyable and very challenging experience!

Interview Questions

• Object-oriented and coding design task for a small system.   Answer Question