Expedia Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.9

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed phone interview with HR and second interview. Third interview was only held by the hiring manager, there were no other people to witness the interview, an HR person or anyone, In order to avoid that the interviewer makes a choice purely based on personal preferences in regards to race/age/gender etc

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for 2 different departments and got contacted for a phone call for both positions. A few days later one recruiter cancelled the call saying the position was no longer available.

The other recruiter scheduled me for 1 HR interview and 1 technical interview. The HR interviewer was 20 minutes late. The interviews were quite generic and I thought they went well. The technical phone interviewer said they would be in touch regarding a take home test. Never heard back from them ever again, despite asking for updates a few times. They clearly did not respect my time. Very frustrating experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency based and what attracts me to the role, what would I find challenging about this role, how can I develop in this role etc   Answer Question

Back End Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview has 2 stages, one was online coding exercises, other was assessment day in the office. The first part was standard Hackerrank tasks, two questions, you can choose languages. The second part was in their office and contained 2 parts - technical and group exercise. Interviewers and people who helped during the day was very helpful and friendly. At the beginning of each section, we had some 'icebreaker' to meet with team or interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 'Icebreaker' - about myself, my experience, interests, etc.
      Coding questions - you are given some problem to solve, standard whiteboard thing.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely fast and relatively simple. An online application, a phone interview, an online coding exercise and then an assessment day. Throughout the entire process they were great at communicating and extremely friendly!

The phone interview was 15 minutes long and it was pleasant, asked a few questions about myself as well as a few relating to my technical work.

Online coding exercise was fine, they give you ample time to complete it.

Assessment day was 4 hours long, including a 1.5 hour technical interview involving a whiteboard exercise and another online coding challenge, lunch, tour, and an hour group exercise. Again, it was a relaxed atmosphere and everyone was approachable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked within a team, what was your role?

Tell me about a time you had to change something within a system

I had mentioned that I had strong OOP skills so they asked me why I thought so

What experience I had with databases   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very organised. I received prompt response after each stage of interviews. First was a 30 min phone call with HR. After that I was invited for 1:1 interview with line manager. Line manager at the end of interview told me that I am invited for final interview. Went to final interview, which was 3 hours with people from different departments. In overall it was fine, just a little bit too long.
    Interview included 1 hour with each manager. They were quite friendly, questions were related to different job situations and some questions regarding your experience and why did you decide to move from one position to another.

Interview Questions

• Which projects you was working for, how your experience match a current role
      Some situation questions.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very long process.
    Phone interview.
    Three face to face interviews one hour each.
    All held at the same office in London.
    HR department help you and are very very nice.
    You meet line manager first then a random manager then head of service.

Interview Questions

• Why work for us.
      Scenario questions.
      examples of creativity within workplace.
      Working culture questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

First round: telephone interview, second round: take home test, third round: 4 face to face interviews on the same day at Angel in London. One technical interview with coding, one hr interview, one interview with a scrum master and the final interview with the hiring manager more high level.

The whole hiring process was a bit chaotic and poorly organised. I heard sarcastic comments during one of the interviews, which already had alarm bells going on. I would not have accepted, if they made an offer but luckily even after the recruiter chased them afterwards for weeks, they didn't provide any feedback, positive or negative. A disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the distance between two locations using Mongo?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had one-to-one interview with HR, the line manager and 6 other stakeholders either by telephone or face-to-face depending on their locations.
    The interview styles vary depending on individual interviewer, some are very casual chat and some are more competency based questions.
    I received the outcome 2 months after the last interview that they went for another candidate.
    The upside of the process is that you would have talked to everyone the post-holder would work with during the interviews and learn a lot about the company and the position. However, it is lengthy and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what is your favourite holiday destination.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a telephonic interview, followed by a technical test, then a face to face interview would follow.
    The coding test was about implementing the Berlin Clock. I was accused of copying the solution just because I added a Wikipedia link to the article about the Berlin Clock. I wouldn't work for a company that makes such grave accusations and then it doesn't have the backbone to defend the accusation. It's fair to assume that I won't be buying from Expedia holidays again. One of the worst interview experiences ever.

Interview Questions

• very basic questions about previous experience in the telephonic interview   Answer Question