Expedia Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Mar 11, 2017

Back End Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview has 2 stages, one was online coding exercises, other was assessment day in the office. The first part was standard Hackerrank tasks, two questions, you can choose languages. The second part was in their office and contained 2 parts - technical and group exercise. Interviewers and people who helped during the day was very helpful and friendly. At the beginning of each section, we had some 'icebreaker' to meet with team or interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 'Icebreaker' - about myself, my experience, interests, etc.
      Coding questions - you are given some problem to solve, standard whiteboard thing.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through a university recruitment portal. Passed through two phone-call/Skype interview stages (the first ~30 minutes and nontechnical, the second ~1 hour and technical). Invited down to London for an in person interview (travel expenses reimbursed).

Interviews happened concurrently with ~15 others applying for internships/graduate positions. First was a ~2 hour (or a little under) technical interview with two engineers. Comprised of whiteboard exercises and a small amount of practical programming on a provided laptop.

This was followed by lunch and a group exercise with 3-4 of the other applicants (design and market an idea for a travel app). There was then one final interview with a team leader (fairly nontechnical).

Interview Questions

• Write a program to accept well-bracketed sequences of characters.   Answer Question
    • Roughly sketch the high level design of a vending machine (states/classes/transitions).   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes a long time, however, they are extremely helpful. My fist interview was face-to-face, because they visited the campus (I had the interview in Amsterdam)! The interview takes on average 30 to 45 minutes, and there are many technical questions, but also personality-based ones. Moreover, they provided feedback after the first stage of the interview, which I had with the HR manager and Area Manage. Overall, very pleasant experience! The questions were mostly ok, however, there are some tricky ones. I have also heard that some of my colleagues were asked math questions, but I did not have too many.

Interview Questions

• Why Expedia?
      What challenges would you face in this position?

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then an online coding test via HackerRank. I was successful in both and was invited to an interview at the Expedia office. This was similar to an assessment say - a technical interview involving both a whiteboard task and a coding task, office tour, chance to meet current interns and graduates and a group exercise which was assessed by others in the company. It was a really enjoyable and very challenging experience!

Interview Questions

• Object-oriented and coding design task for a small system.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely fast and relatively simple. An online application, a phone interview, an online coding exercise and then an assessment day. Throughout the entire process they were great at communicating and extremely friendly!

The phone interview was 15 minutes long and it was pleasant, asked a few questions about myself as well as a few relating to my technical work.

Online coding exercise was fine, they give you ample time to complete it.

Assessment day was 4 hours long, including a 1.5 hour technical interview involving a whiteboard exercise and another online coding challenge, lunch, tour, and an hour group exercise. Again, it was a relaxed atmosphere and everyone was approachable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked within a team, what was your role?

Tell me about a time you had to change something within a system

I had mentioned that I had strong OOP skills so they asked me why I thought so

What experience I had with databases

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

- submit online application
    - followed up to a recruiter about 1.5 month after the online application
    - Got an oniine coding test invitation after sending an email ( 2 basic algorithm qs)
    - on-site interview was consisted of 2 x 30mins interviews , but I did 1 interview for 70 mins instead

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very organised. I received prompt response after each stage of interviews. First was a 30 min phone call with HR. After that I was invited for 1:1 interview with line manager. Line manager at the end of interview told me that I am invited for final interview. Went to final interview, which was 3 hours with people from different departments. In overall it was fine, just a little bit too long.
    Interview included 1 hour with each manager. They were quite friendly, questions were related to different job situations and some questions regarding your experience and why did you decide to move from one position to another.

Interview Questions

• Which projects you was working for, how your experience match a current role
      Some situation questions.
      1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very long process.
    Phone interview.
    Three face to face interviews one hour each.
    All held at the same office in London.
    HR department help you and are very very nice.
    You meet line manager first then a random manager then head of service.

Interview Questions

• Why work for us.
      Scenario questions.
      examples of creativity within workplace.
      Working culture questions.
      1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had one-to-one interview with HR, the line manager and 6 other stakeholders either by telephone or face-to-face depending on their locations.
    The interview styles vary depending on individual interviewer, some are very casual chat and some are more competency based questions.
    I received the outcome 2 months after the last interview that they went for another candidate.
    The upside of the process is that you would have talked to everyone the post-holder would work with during the interviews and learn a lot about the company and the position. However, it is lengthy and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what is your favourite holiday destination.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

3 technical telephone interviews + 1 day face to face interview panel with 3 rounds.
    Overall good questions and process. Continuous feeback from recruiter and very helpful. Software developers, engineering managers and directors were included in the panel.