Expedia Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Bad candidate experience.

The process is long (5 interviews) with multiple different shareholders and very disorganised: they set an interview at 9pm for the day after 9am.

I received different job related information from the job description, HR manager and hiring manager.

I have never been asked any question about my ability to sell or to describe how I would react in a sales situation.

After 5 interviews, the only feedback I got is one sentence via email.

Very disappointing interview process when you see the great reviews on glassdoor. Be ready to potentially experience the same process, being confused, frustrated and accept very last minute interviews.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed phone interview with HR and second interview. Third interview was only held by the hiring manager, there were no other people to witness the interview, an HR person or anyone, In order to avoid that the interviewer makes a choice purely based on personal preferences in regards to race/age/gender etc

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency based and what attracts me to the role, what would I find challenging about this role, how can I develop in this role etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

3 technical telephone interviews + 1 day face to face interview panel with 3 rounds.
    Overall good questions and process. Continuous feeback from recruiter and very helpful. Software developers, engineering managers and directors were included in the panel.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then an online coding test via HackerRank. I was successful in both and was invited to an interview at the Expedia office. This was similar to an assessment say - a technical interview involving both a whiteboard task and a coding task, office tour, chance to meet current interns and graduates and a group exercise which was assessed by others in the company. It was a really enjoyable and very challenging experience!

Interview Questions

• Object-oriented and coding design task for a small system.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes a long time, however, they are extremely helpful. My fist interview was face-to-face, because they visited the campus (I had the interview in Amsterdam)! The interview takes on average 30 to 45 minutes, and there are many technical questions, but also personality-based ones. Moreover, they provided feedback after the first stage of the interview, which I had with the HR manager and Area Manage. Overall, very pleasant experience! The questions were mostly ok, however, there are some tricky ones. I have also heard that some of my colleagues were asked math questions, but I did not have too many.

Interview Questions

• Why Expedia?
      What challenges would you face in this position?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very long process.
    Phone interview.
    Three face to face interviews one hour each.
    All held at the same office in London.
    HR department help you and are very very nice.
    You meet line manager first then a random manager then head of service.

Interview Questions

• Why work for us.
      Scenario questions.
      examples of creativity within workplace.
      Working culture questions.   1 Answer

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First interview with the HR manager on the phone, second interview with the market manager via Skype, third interview also via Skype with the area manger. Everyone was very kind and honest.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the unique selling point of Expedia?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager which went well and there was an understanding that I was the person they needed. Then followed an on-site interview which was less favourable. I felt lured in for interviews when I wasn't the person they were really looking for. This annoys me with a lot of companies. Why do I have to take time off work and prepare for an interview when my skills don't exactly match what they are looking for at the moment? I wish they would stop doing this. It leaves a bad impression of the company, especially when they don't thoroughly explain their decision afterwards or are too cowardly to even call you.

Interview Questions

• How can you get increment from remarketing?   1 Answer

Senior Business Development Manager Middle East Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Many steps

2 x Screenings
    8 X interviews with various managers in London and Dubai

The first interview with management was with the Dubai manager and decision maker. Although I was passed this interview and continued with various other members (finance, strategy, marketing, sales), and the duration was 3-4 months I was not accepted from the first person I interviewed! Therefore was really upset with them, as they could have avoided all of our time as I interviewed with 10 people!

There was a sense of lack of organisation, especially as people were cancelling the interviews last minute (literally a minute before scheduled interview) and these were all in different time zones.

Interview Questions

• How many oranges can you fit in a plane   1 Answer