Expedia Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.9

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then an online coding test via HackerRank. I was successful in both and was invited to an interview at the Expedia office. This was similar to an assessment say - a technical interview involving both a whiteboard task and a coding task, office tour, chance to meet current interns and graduates and a group exercise which was assessed by others in the company. It was a really enjoyable and very challenging experience!

Interview Questions

• Object-oriented and coding design task for a small system.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes a long time, however, they are extremely helpful. My fist interview was face-to-face, because they visited the campus (I had the interview in Amsterdam)! The interview takes on average 30 to 45 minutes, and there are many technical questions, but also personality-based ones. Moreover, they provided feedback after the first stage of the interview, which I had with the HR manager and Area Manage. Overall, very pleasant experience! The questions were mostly ok, however, there are some tricky ones. I have also heard that some of my colleagues were asked math questions, but I did not have too many.

Interview Questions

• Why Expedia?
      What challenges would you face in this position?
      Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very long process.
    Phone interview.
    Three face to face interviews one hour each.
    All held at the same office in London.
    HR department help you and are very very nice.
    You meet line manager first then a random manager then head of service.

Interview Questions

• Why work for us.
      Scenario questions.
      examples of creativity within workplace.
      Working culture questions.
      1 Answer

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

First interview with the HR manager on the phone, second interview with the market manager via Skype, third interview also via Skype with the area manger. Everyone was very kind and honest.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the unique selling point of Expedia?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager which went well and there was an understanding that I was the person they needed. Then followed an on-site interview which was less favourable. I felt lured in for interviews when I wasn't the person they were really looking for. This annoys me with a lot of companies. Why do I have to take time off work and prepare for an interview when my skills don't exactly match what they are looking for at the moment? I wish they would stop doing this. It leaves a bad impression of the company, especially when they don't thoroughly explain their decision afterwards or are too cowardly to even call you.

Interview Questions

• How can you get increment from remarketing?   1 Answer

Senior Business Development Manager Middle East Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Many steps

2 x Screenings
    8 X interviews with various managers in London and Dubai

The first interview with management was with the Dubai manager and decision maker. Although I was passed this interview and continued with various other members (finance, strategy, marketing, sales), and the duration was 3-4 months I was not accepted from the first person I interviewed! Therefore was really upset with them, as they could have avoided all of our time as I interviewed with 10 people!

There was a sense of lack of organisation, especially as people were cancelling the interviews last minute (literally a minute before scheduled interview) and these were all in different time zones.

Interview Questions

• How many oranges can you fit in a plane   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Long, with a lot of stakeholderd, once the interview process was completed the hiring and offer was very straigthforward tt

Interview Questions

• questions were all related to technical skills and attitude   Answer Question

Senior Director, Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

This was the slickest process I have ever seen. Positive, enthusiastic and fab recruitment team. 8 interviews in total but by the end I had totally bought into the brand and the people.

Interview Questions

• I found the interviews to be more of a discussion about the value I could add, rather than competency based questions.   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Lots of interviews, but they were thorough, thought provoking and personal

Interview Questions

• "How would you tackle a brand new region...?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

I attended 2 lengthy interviews over a 1 or 2 week period, The latter interview included me meeting with 3 people individulally each for well over an hour.
    I was told I would receive feedback within 48 hours of the interview. After not hearing for over 72 hours I dropped a quick note to request feedback. 4 weeks later I finally got a response asking me to come back in for a final meeting.
    Needless to say I declined the request and found a job elsewhere where the recruitment process was both slick and professional.

Interview Questions

• What's the most novel recruitment process you have gone through to fill a role.   1 Answer

I declined the offer due to the lack of contact for 4 weeks post interview even after chasing numerous times.
    I'd have hoped for a much more professional process and if that's a taste of the interviews recruiters get then I daren't think was interview process other candidates go through..