Expedia Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Talent Acquisition, Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

By far the most ridiculous and disgraceful behaviour from a high profile business, I applied for the position online, received an email to say I would be contacted about a phone interview, then 2 days later I receive an automated email to let me know I had not been successful. This is just another example of a badly formed and led recruitment team who don't engage with candidates correctly and prefer to deal with people from behind a computer hidden away.
    what a shame such a business has to endure such internal issues.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Not the most comprehensive interview process. Felt like I had to interject to even get a word in, which was quite strange if I'm entirely honest. That said, i did feel valued throughout he process and I enjoy working here.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute rushed phone call ( scheduled to be 2 hours.. very rude ), live, remote coding test in batches of 4-5 people via IRC ( ! ). Test consisted of 3 "problems" for some of which they supplied their own map/reduce "framework" implementation ( bonus points for that, however, experience with hadoop was a requirement.. )

Interview Questions

• Basic hadoop join questions..   Answer Question
    • Extremely open ended project management ( ? ) question : " What do you do if a customer files a bug report? " ...   1 Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

It has been very easy going, a first contact by phone, then a single technical interview with two different people. The interview has included a discussion about my current positon, describe the architecture of it. Then a TDD exercise very interesting one indeed. The people was very friendly

Interview Questions

• It has been easy going, there was no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Gave the first round of interview few days back, general HR stuff...
    Have not heard back yet. Was told that I would be informed about the outcome in the following week. Have written to the recruiter seeking the results .. no luck hearing back yet

Interview Questions

• The first round constituted mostly of behavioral questions...   Answer Question

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially interviewed for a 6 month contract role which involved working on a large project within the Content Team. Due to the short term nature of the role, the interview was very simple with a discussion about my previous employment and degree followed by a short written test. Interviewer was one of the project managers and was very chatty and easy going. However, I've heard that the interview process is a lot more thorough for permanent roles.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Expedia Inc and the difference between its brands?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed hourly rate through an agency.

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by the internal recruiter from Expedia for the role end of October. Very awkward conversation with a person who was not native English. Was difficult to understand his questions sometimes.Didn't hear anything before beginning of December with two set up interviews in a row directly after each other the same day. The first interview was with an employee whom just taken on the same role for a different role. The interview was relaxed and not difficult. Shortly before the end of the interview the manager for this group cancelled his appointment with me due to an urgent meeting. I was ensured that I this interview will be rescheduled. After not hearing anything from the recruiter, I followed up with the recruiter. No new appointment has been made. Just a phone call to explain the recruitment process. After making an appointment for this call three times as the recruiter is not aware of the different time zones and could not make out what the correct time was for my zone, he just told me that I was not qualified enough.

Interview Questions

• How I would lead a team and how I dealt with different situations at my previous job.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The process began with a short phone interview to discuss elements mentioned within the CV, motivation and more about the company. This was followed by a practical programming exercise. An onsite interview was conducted with multiple stages, including a whiteboard coding exercise. Everyone was friendly and the process was enjoyable.

Lodging Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. One first interview over the phone and then contacted me to see me in person. One week after that I had a second phone interview with another team manager. Both the human resources team and the Lodging content manager were very professional and answered all my questions. An accurate feedback was also provided at the end of the process.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a telephonic interview, followed by a technical test, then a face to face interview would follow.
    The coding test was about implementing the Berlin Clock. I was accused of copying the solution just because I added a Wikipedia link to the article about the Berlin Clock. I wouldn't work for a company that makes such grave accusations and then it doesn't have the backbone to defend the accusation. It's fair to assume that I won't be buying from Expedia holidays again. One of the worst interview experiences ever.

Interview Questions

• very basic questions about previous experience in the telephonic interview   Answer Question