Expedia Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Digital interview, followed by face to face interview. Before the f2f interview the Expedia recruitment team phoned me and briefed me on what to expect and what to prepare for - a rather long list including past experiences, my skills, the current hotel market performance, expedias background, metrics such as revPAR and ADR...etc. So I practised all this beforehand and would say I was very prepared as this was a dream job of mine.
    Next to NO questions came up relating to what I was told to practise. In fact the questions were just asked very randomly, and what must of just come from the top of their heads.

All in all, I wasn't able to portray what I know, which was extremely relatable to the position. I think they just wanted to know more about me as a person and not why I could actually be good for the role.

They seemed to be really impressed with me in the f2f interview and I got the impression that it went really well anyway however.
    I was told it would take a week till they contact me.
    2 and a half weeks on, still nothing so I decided to email them. Then 3 days after my email I finally got a short response to say I was unsuccessful at this time, with no reason as to why.
    For such a large 'reputable' (so I thought) company, after 2 stages of interviews it would have been better to get an explanation as to why I'm not good enough for the role.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a recorded interview as first stage. Didn't get further. You have a number of minutes to answer each questions and two tries. You can read the question on the side at all points after it was read to you by a video of an employee.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in April 2017. Initially started with an email from the internal recruiter asking me to complete a test online following which we would arrange a telephone chat - I got this email in June. Completed the telephone chat and had a telephone interview arranged with a Director in Marketing. Passed this and got a phone call within 2 hours stating they wanted to call me in for a face to face.

This was done in 2 parts; A further telephone interview with a Senior Manager and a series of face to face interviews and a group presentation. I was given a week to prepare for the presentation. I prepared and went for the interview which I feel went reasonably well - I have no way of telling for sure as it's been over 2 months since that interview and I have had no feedback or communication at all from them.

I find this rather unprofessional. I can understand large companies having long hiring processes but what I cannot comprehend is the lack of communication for over 2 months after investing 5 hours of my time in interviews and a further 7 hours preparing a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Asked to present a loyalty partnership program proposition for a new partner in a new region.   1 Answer

Lodging Partner Associate Interview

Application

Interview

It started off well, I had three interviews in total by phone and in person. The person interviewing me the third time couldn't care less, his attitude was outrageously bad and proceeded to tell me why I wouldn't be able to do the role. After spending time and money going to interviews, I never even heard back.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Bad candidate experience.

The process is long (5 interviews) with multiple different shareholders and very disorganised: they set an interview at 9pm for the day after 9am.

I received different job related information from the job description, HR manager and hiring manager.

I have never been asked any question about my ability to sell or to describe how I would react in a sales situation.

After 5 interviews, the only feedback I got is one sentence via email.

Very disappointing interview process when you see the great reviews on glassdoor. Be ready to potentially experience the same process, being confused, frustrated and accept very last minute interviews.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

First talk with HR, after one interview with Hiring manager with practical questions on the role itself . Final round includes presentation on a new partnership for the firm and how to analyze its performance using assumptions when required.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyse a campaign?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

First round: telephone interview, second round: take home test, third round: 4 face to face interviews on the same day at Angel in London. One technical interview with coding, one hr interview, one interview with a scrum master and the final interview with the hiring manager more high level.

The whole hiring process was a bit chaotic and poorly organised. I heard sarcastic comments during one of the interviews, which already had alarm bells going on. I would not have accepted, if they made an offer but luckily even after the recruiter chased them afterwards for weeks, they didn't provide any feedback, positive or negative. A disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the distance between two locations using Mongo?   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed phone interview with HR and second interview. Third interview was only held by the hiring manager, there were no other people to witness the interview, an HR person or anyone, In order to avoid that the interviewer makes a choice purely based on personal preferences in regards to race/age/gender etc

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

In total I did 6 Interviews, with different parts of the business, First with recruiter, then 5 other. Process was smooth, and well organized, considering it involved different timezones.

Interview Questions

• What annoys you when looking at marketing   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on the Expedia career website. Started with a recruiting manager arranging a screening call asking very brief details about experience & tech stacks that I've used. Followed by two software developers calling a week later for a first telephone interview where they asked me about the projects I've worked on, why I would like to work for Expedia, and why I want to leave my current position. This then lead to an interview in the Expedia offices with an hour of questions from a backend dev, an hour of questions from a frontend dev, and an hour of conversation about tech with the manager of the whole team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you were proud of and how you approached achieving the end result.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between === and ==?   1 Answer
    • Write a function that takes an array of fruit and their price and prints the total amount.   Answer Question
    • Using OOP and class inheritance, draw a diagram to describe a car.   1 Answer
    • How to I secure the data of a cookie when sent?   1 Answer