Expedia Market Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

3.4

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview was a 30 minute phone call and was asked basic questions. The second phase was a technical interview via skype, a little more challenging than the first. Be sure to review formulas that provide data used to measure a hotel's performance. I was told I would hear back from HR within 2 weeks and did not receive a follow up until a month after the second interview that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• How would I convince a hotel property to partner with Expedia.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Market Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Process was long. Involved a phone screen, phone interview, technical interview, and final interview. Phone interview basic interview questions. Be prepared with the industry for technical interview and know how to calculate Revpar, ADR etc. Final interview I expected to be a lot easier. Know as much about the industry as possible and what you would do in negotiation situations, and many questions based on what you would do working in the Market Associate position.

Interview Questions

• Know how you would handle finding new clients, negotiating deals, prioritizing clients etc.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia in August 2016.

Interview

I went through three stages: phone screen, technical screen, and the final interview in office. The first two stages were driven to better understand my competencies with previous experience and situational questions. The final stage was a face-to-face interview with the Area Manager. The main focus in this stage was to better understand my personality, how I would fit in within their team, and answer anything that wasn't already addressed in earlier stages. Throughout the entire process everyone was extremely helpful- providing feedback after each screening on the answers I gave. It was evident that everyone I spoke with is passionate about technology and how it will continue to influence travel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and within a couple of days received a call for a quick interview. After the call, there is an other interview, technical interview. This interview consists of questions trying to understand your work habit and dealing with negotiations. There are a couple "math questions" relevant to the position. The final round of interviews is in office, asking questions in terms of work habit and getting to know you better.

At every step everyone was very friendly and nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the Average Daily Rate
      You have Hotel A and Hotel B, what are the RevPar for each? Which one is doing better?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was lengthy with phone, skype, and in person interviews. Nearly all questions were situational, describing past experiences, and I was also asked to assume myself in the position and see how I would handle different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What is something negative that an employer has thought of you and how did you change their perception into a positive affirmation?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

It's a sales job, so I was asked behavioral questions but got the impression they were evaluating my personality and level of extroversion just as much as the answers I gave throughout. I tried to be as bold and confident as possible. I was also asked questions about industry trends, competitors, etc but it's more about how well you present and defend your answer than about the content itself. Challenging but friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest trends in our industry right now that will impact us in the future?   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Apply online through a career event. Got a skype interview with recruit manager before the event. Then about two weeks later I was asked to have two in-person interview in the event with senior manager and market manager.

Interview Questions

• 3 characteristics that you can bring to Expedia
      Negotiation experience and what compromise did you make
      Ever worked with people that you don’t like?
      Working with non-supportive partners?
      How to make hotels be willing to be our partners?
      Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Long. Several phone interviews, followed by an in-person interview. Phone screens were mostly basic questions about your background and behavioral questions. Met with several members of the team, where questions were more difficult and complex - trying to gauge the way you think.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The best interview experience I've ever had. All of the interviewers were generous and friendly. Allowed me to talk about myself and my visions.
    Screening -> Interview -> Company Dinner -> Offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

There are 4 interview, once with the recruiter, then with the market manager, then with senior director and lastly with the area manager. Mostly asked about case studies and basic questions about who am I as a person.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the job and about expedia? How do you handle complaints? What is successful negotiation according to you?   Answer Question