Expedia Market Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

3.4

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

It was an online interview. It was a mixture of multiple choice questions and recorded questions. The multiple choice questions were easy questions (like are you available to work during a particular period) while the long questions were the behavioral questions.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Interview process moved along pretty quickly. Initial phone interview with mostly general questions surrounding previous work experience.

Next interview was via skype. This interview was more technical with a couple specific questions regarding RevPAR and ADR- nothing too complicated though. Questions were typically presented putting you in a scenario and asking how you would respond in that position.

Third interview was in person at the local office, met with the person who would be the manager to this role. A couple similar questions to the previous interviews, again asking for examples from your past work experience and asking how you would handle certain situations in the workplace.

The waiting game set in after the interview process. I did not receive a final offer until a month after my third interview. I did stay in touch and they were very nice throughout the whole waiting process. I reaching out a couple times and they asked for my patience and let me know they were still interviewing and would be sure to get me a final decision when they had it.

When I finally received the offer I was very pleased, they seem to really care for their employees and presented a good offer as well as awesome benefits and PTO.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you negotiated with a customer/client successfully.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize clients?   Answer Question
    • What about this role and your previous experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you developed a relationship with a client.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handle unhappy or unsatisfied clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview with recruiter, 3 in person interviews with area managers. Phone interview had a lot of very specific behavioral questions, in person was more generic typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were writing an article about our industry to other industry professionals, what are the 3 trends you would dicuss?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2017.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, both conducted as phone screen interview, using Hirve Vue system;
    both ideological and behavioural questions were asked;
    the first one is not a real-time interview but recorded

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview was a 30 minute phone call and was asked basic questions. The second phase was a technical interview via skype, a little more challenging than the first. Be sure to review formulas that provide data used to measure a hotel's performance. I was told I would hear back from HR within 2 weeks and did not receive a follow up until a month after the second interview that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• How would I convince a hotel property to partner with Expedia.   1 Answer

Market Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Process was long. Involved a phone screen, phone interview, technical interview, and final interview. Phone interview basic interview questions. Be prepared with the industry for technical interview and know how to calculate Revpar, ADR etc. Final interview I expected to be a lot easier. Know as much about the industry as possible and what you would do in negotiation situations, and many questions based on what you would do working in the Market Associate position.

Interview Questions

• Know how you would handle finding new clients, negotiating deals, prioritizing clients etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Lansing, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I met recruiters for the company at a school career fair. I interviewed on campus the next day. A few days after that I interviewed via Skype for a final round interview. The on campus interview was pretty simple and basic. It lasted for about 20 minutes. The final interview was more lengthy. I was asked about a lot of hypothetical questions that would potentially be things I'd have to deal with on the job. Overall, it was a normal interview process and not too many curveballs.

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia in August 2016.

Interview

I went through three stages: phone screen, technical screen, and the final interview in office. The first two stages were driven to better understand my competencies with previous experience and situational questions. The final stage was a face-to-face interview with the Area Manager. The main focus in this stage was to better understand my personality, how I would fit in within their team, and answer anything that wasn't already addressed in earlier stages. Throughout the entire process everyone was extremely helpful- providing feedback after each screening on the answers I gave. It was evident that everyone I spoke with is passionate about technology and how it will continue to influence travel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and within a couple of days received a call for a quick interview. After the call, there is an other interview, technical interview. This interview consists of questions trying to understand your work habit and dealing with negotiations. There are a couple "math questions" relevant to the position. The final round of interviews is in office, asking questions in terms of work habit and getting to know you better.

At every step everyone was very friendly and nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the Average Daily Rate
      You have Hotel A and Hotel B, what are the RevPar for each? Which one is doing better?   Answer Question