Expedia Market Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Market Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by the HR Manager and had an online interview in one week and a live one on the following week. After that, it took around 45 days to receive the final answer. Meanwhile, every time I did a follow up with the HR Manager, he was available and honest.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2/10 rating. The process was choppy, and communication was very bad.

Recruiter and hiring manager non responsive. Recruiter was very unprofessional in handling call and was asking borderline appropriate questions.

Market Manager Interview

Interview

Got an email from HR, and the process (until the final round of interviews) took about 3 weeks. First interview is a screening call from HR, followed by a skype call by a manager, then a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Only during the last interview I was informed about requirements of the position that were not listed on the job description posted on Expedia Jobs website

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and it was a few weeks after until I heard back. I then had a phone interview with a recruiter from their home office mid-week. She followed up and scheduled a second phone interview with another manager on the following Monday. Shortly there after I was asked to meet with their team in person. I met with them twice in their offices. Everyone was outgoing and friendly. I met with several different team members and each had their own different questions and styles of interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions that were originally used by Microsoft. How would you sell hot chocolate to a guest in Las Vegas in July; why are manholes round?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Entire process took 7 months. HR phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, a set of 3 panel interviews, senior director skype interview, and astly another face to face interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Lots of analytical questions and sales driven questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Several rounds of in-person interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Started with a face to face interview, then they fly you out to their headquarters in Washington or Texas and you have a day full of interviews, afterwards you have a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you get the census of all the skis in the united states   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with seven people. Some interviews were 1 hour some were 30 minutes. The interviewer's skill levels were varied amonth the group. All were kind. Some just wanted to "chit chat" others had clear objectives for the interview. I twas good that i had studied up on the company and product as I was asked specific "what would you recommend in this situation" kinds of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the unique selling proposition for the product?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiating. I tried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

the interview was great. the interviewer asked your typical questions and was very knowledgable. However, I did not get a good feel for the company and decided to decline the offer. The compensation was there as Expedia is obviously a large company, however like I said I did not get the warm fuzzy feeling.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a black rock and a piece of glass?   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed phone interview with HR and second interview. Third interview was only held by the hiring manager, there were no other people to witness the interview, an HR person or anyone, In order to avoid that the interviewer makes a choice purely based on personal preferences in regards to race/age/gender etc