Expedia Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Expedia Media

Sort:

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Media (Bellevue, WA) in June 2018.

Interview

My interview process with Expedia Media was drawn out, discouraging, and showed me that this was not the place for the next chapter of my career. First, I met for an informational with a recruiter who took me through some information and was surprisingly candid with how much of a pay cut that I would take by working at Expedia over my current employer. She asked me a few behavioral questions and gave me a synopsis of the team which I would be interviewing with.

Then I had a phone screen with a PM who asked me a design question about an area which I had little experience/interest in. The PM had a difficult time articulating how the business goals for his features were customer-focused or customer-beneficial. He and I struggled to understand each other over the phone, and it left myself wishing that I had done a better job of practicing design questions without a whiteboard.

After 3 weeks of follow-ups, I finally heard from a recruiter asking for another interview - which I turned down as all these signs seemed to indicate that the role would not be a good fit.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Media (Bellevue, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Overall process was handled quite well. I applied online and received a call from the recruiter about a week later. Follow-up phone interview with another Product Mgr was set up for later in the week. Received email from recruiter to coordinate in-person interview with a group. All in all, it was about 2.5 weeks from initial submission to in-person interview.

In-person interview was with six members ranging from current Product Managers to Directors and also the VP of the division. Close to a five-hour interview. Everyone was very nice, asked general questions but also more specific questions relating to the role and how my experience married up with the role.

While I did not receive an offer, I would say that the Expedia Media group appears to have a top notch people.

Interview Questions

• Given the following three competing product offerings, with their estimated time allocations and potential revenue, how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Expedia Media in July 2018.

Interview

I was called for the interview by HR. When I went there 5 minutes ahead of time. I was asked to sit in the office by Security person at the reception. I was sitting there and no HR :) I waited there for 40 minutes. Then got a call by the same HR that she will come upstairs from a break and meet me because the person who was supposed to take my interview had already left the office. I asked why wasn't I told initially then the answer was : it skipped her mind. I am having more than two decades of experience in this industry and this is what I could go through. I can't imagine what would be happening with juniors. Humanity comes first in my opinion. Although there are some very good people in tech team I know. Company is also very well known to retain good resources.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Media (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Questions about the role/ previous experience. Most of the interviews are about team- fit and motivation rather than skill set. I had approx. 5 phone interviews and a 1:1 interview in the office where I interviewed with 4 different people. After this I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience?
      What is your vision for the role?
      Why Expedia?
      You have only 1 month left and you're pacing 50% vs target. How do you prioritize?   Answer Question