Expedia Revenue Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Revenue Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Revenue Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by email 3/21/12 by a recruiter about the Revenue Specialist position I applied online for in order to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter gave me a list of nine questions to answer like contact information, salary expectations, what are your greatest strengths, what makes me a good match for this role along with sending an updated resume/cover letter. On 3/22 I replied to the email with all the requested information. On 3/24 I was leaving out of the country without cell service for the entire following week. When I returned I emailed the recruiter verifying she received my information and making sure I didn’t miss any contact attempts she may have made. Then I received an automatic response stating her last day for Expedia was 3/23 and there was a new point of contact. I was thinking why would you have a recruiter start the interviewing process that was leaving the company in a couple days but I set my concerns aside and emailed the new recruiter.

I contacted the new recruiter and he sent me the same email the initial recruiter sent me with the 9 questions. I was curious on why the new recruiter did not get all the information on the candidates from the previous recruiter. It wasn’t a big deal, and I forwarded my answers to him that same day. A week and a half went by and I emailed the recruiter to verify he received my email. He responded he received everything and he is “sorting out things”. I never heard from Expedia again.

Maybe I got interviewed at a hectic time but my experience with Expedia was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult but then again I only got the prescreening questions before the phone interview.

What makes you an effective team member?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in July 2009.

Interview

Up to 6 interviews, must have good revenue experience, i.e. hotel systems experience as well as Salesforce a bonus. Need excellent xls and reporting analysis skills.

Interview Questions

• Questions around convincing hotels to maintain competitive rates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are straight forward, usually little room for negotiation but depends on your background.

Revenue Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Expedia (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Interview were very concise and based on the practical questions. Questions were generally common such as the reasons for applying Expedia. All the interviews were quite casual so it was easy to relax and say what I wanted to mention in the interview. Just make sure to tell them the passion for traveling :)

Interview Questions

• Practical questions based on the situation they provided to me in the interview.   Answer Question