Expedia Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

1. First day on campus interview. They would ask you algorithm problems and you need to finish them perfectly.
    2. Then onsite interview. It has two rounds. Both rounds have technical problems and behaviour questions. For example, they would ask your project, the basic knowledge in your courses and some easy algorithm problems.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, return indices of the two numbers such that they add up to a specific number.   Answer Question

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds, 2 on campus and 1 onsite for the intern recruitment process. two rounds were with managers and one with VP at on site. all questions were centered around product and behavioral questions. It was a good experience, managers were friendly. Think about you would manage a team and convey requirements to the engineers.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their website. First had a HR call followed by a technical phone screen, which was followed by an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was close to 5 hours, and each person interviewed me for around an hour. Interviewers included engineers, product managers and directors for this role.

Questions were a combination of technical, analytical and behavioral - and they also asked questions about current challenges they were facing.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Not even a 'no, thank you' - how unprofessional. I made it to a hiring manager screen and never heard another word from recruiter or hiring manager. That kind of poor follow-up has never been allowed in any successful Talent Acquisitiom group I'm aware of. Disappointing as I know quite a few people there and wanted to have a good experience regardless of the outcome. Would not consider in the future.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out-challenged how my current org had structured things somewhat putting me on the defense, which was odd as I didn't have a say in the decision they were questioning. Overall very strange interaction with hiring manager.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview in February - it was pretty chill. Then moved on to on site interview in San Francisco in March. Three rounds of interview in the afternoon. First one was technical, couldn't remember the question. Second one was about design (how to build a mobile app to accommodate customer data). Last one was quite behavior and asked some definition of technical terms. It was alright.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, and then several final rounds onsite. The process was pretty easy and the recruiter was very helpful! I applied through the campus portal. A week or so after the on campus interview, I was called for an onsite final round. I was interviewed by several people, each of whom was from a different team.

Interview Questions

• Given a string of numbers, return all permutations of letters that could be produced by pressing those numbers on an old fashioned flip phone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied from my university's career page. Heard back from the recruiter afterwards and scheduled on campus interview. This went well and got on-site in San Francisco office afterwards. People interviewing me were really nice (two recent grads). Applied late (in March) but the process was really fast and the recruiter was also very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Design a log system whenever a mobile app outputs error, Brain teaser question, Reverse string   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview with Principal Product Manager. It's important to note that I feel strongly my interview was not an interview at all, but more for information/idea sourcing, which is becoming increasingly common among companies. The actual job opening, may or may not have existed, but it was clear from right off the bat, the interviewing manager was looking for monetization inspiration about a future product offering they were prepping to put out. Every question revolved around the new product feature, and the lack of hiring sincerity was fairly obvious.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Specific role: Sr. PM of Social. The interview consisted of: 1 Phone Screener with Hiring Director, 2 On-site Interviews with SF Office (Eng Lead and Program Management), 2 Phone Interviews with Social Media manager and Analytics, 1 Phone Interview with Global VP PM. Early-on the process was expedited; however, several interview participants were late to the calls (including the Social Media Manager that was 20 minutes late and jumped on to the call while driving into work thus ending the call 15 minutes early due to reception issues). The Interview process was not structured at all - most questions were around what my experiences were and what I thought social meant for the Travel industry (Expedia does not seem to know either and believes 3rd party reviews is the best social signal to mine). The culture believes in failing fast yet their release cycles indicate otherwise. Leadership-wise you will not find any MBA/Google/Facebook pedigree within the Product team which speaks to how quickly their share erodes to the competitors. The best candidate will not come in with ground-breaking feature ideas but simply know how to execute given top-down strategy. The role seems more of Project Management than Product Management. The HR Recruiter also failed to respond to any request for progress (she took 14+ days to respond to request for an update). On another request for an update, she took 7 days to reply and blamed Sr Mgmt for the lack of response when likely they were interviewing other candidates. The slow process likely reflects how it is like to work within a non-agile environment there.

Interview Questions

• Define the roadmap for social in Expedia's travel offerings. How would you execute such a roadmap with limited time constraints.   1 Answer