Expedia Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter and asked if interested. When I was positive about moving forward, he sent me a coding challenge which was quiet difficult (it included DP problems). I scored quiet well in the challenge so was called in for an in-person interview. Expedia flew me to their Seattle office. There I had 4 interview rounds. In 2 rounds they went over my resume points and asked me to provide approaches based on technologies I mentioned in my resume. Other 2 rounds started with initial talk about me followed by coding question (white board), these were way too simple as compared to coding challenge. The interviewers were very supportive throughout the interview and very helpful at places I got stuck. I received an email next day to interview from recruiter that I have been rejected, when asked for the reason, the recruiter said due to company policy he can not give those details. It was a good experience except the rejection as I was confident that I performed well.

BI Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The HR contacted me two weeks after I was referred to the position. The initial phone screen was with a Sr. Manager for 30 mins. As he had to take a hard stop after the 30 min interview, he said he would schedule another phone interview the very next day. I didn't hear from him for a week. When he scheduled the next round, he was really impressed by my business knowledge and asked me to take a technical round the very next morning. I cleared that round too and was notified by the recruiter 3 days later that they want to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. A day later, the recruiter emailed me saying they filled the position internally and were sorry for the miscommunication.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Took a written test first, and after passing that, attended their onsite recruiting event. First met with recruiters for some time to go over the day schedule, then met individually with 4 engineers. They each asked some behavior questions but mostly focused on coding. It was 2 IC engineers and 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, knowledge questions, and coding questions   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Nice people. After applying for a role and getting a reply from recruiting, I filled out an online questionnaire, had a recruiting phone screen, a HM phone screen, and then a five-hour interview loop with a catered lunch break on site. Everone was very pleasant. I never heard back after the loop, so I guess I didn't get the job. :-)

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an Expedia recruiter. The recruiter was great, very responsive and helpful through the process. Although I didn't get an offer the interview was overall positive thanks to the responsiveness and following up by the recruiter. I felt my time was valued through the process and it's rare you are treated with such respect.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, but some of the interviewers were great developers I'm sure, but not exactly great interviewers. They were all mostly nice and easy to get along with, but I could tell some of them had not interviewed people before and some of their questioning was vague and unclear.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string   1 Answer
    • Given two int arrays both with all the same values in each individual array, determine if they can be summed up to meet or exceed N.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a behavioral interview with a recruiter and a couple of professional interviews with the hiring managers at their office in Seattle. They never bothered getting back to me with an answer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got invited to do a Hackerrank challenge for the new grad position. After that was invited to on-site for their group interview day. Did 3 rounds of interviews that I thought were very easy. Weeks later was told that my technical skills weren't up to par. Based on my conversations with the other candidates following the interviews, they asked everyone the same questions and I performed at the same level or better than the others. They must have extremely high expectations or not that many open positions.

Interview Questions

• Easy hackerrank/ctci questions
      Object-oriented design
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-site in Bellevue. Before this, there is only one online- assignment task. If you pass, then you will do on-site.There are 3 rounds during the interview. One round lasts for one hour. Generally, there are at least one behavior question round, and two technical rounds.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I'm a new grad. The first round was hackerrank coding questions. After that I flew to Seattle for onsite interview. There were 3 rounds. One design question for parking lot and 2 other questions based on implementation of data structures.