Expedia Senior Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Senior Program Manager Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, then follow up phone screen with hiring manager (TPM manager).

Interview loop that included 6 interviewers: Director, TPM Manager, Dev Manager, Product Manager, TPM, SDET

Received a decision quickly after the in-person loop. Had a verbal offer in 2 business days & written offer on the 3rd business day.

Interview Questions

• - Scenario based around TPM activities: How would you deal with scope creep from product on a story that is in progress by a development team, etc.
    - Light technical questions around software development lifecycle, .NET/MVC   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

After a phone screening and a phone interview by team members, I took a day off from my current work to be interviewed at Expedia's HQ in Bellevue (5 hr long interview). One of the upper level managers came into the interview 20 minutes late for his 30 minutes allocated time. Looked something bad happened and asked me a hard copy of my resume. I am sorry, but I am a digital person and I don't print anything out. I apologized I did not print out my resume. He told me that I am not suitable for the role because I was not well prepared for the interview. And he left the room. He probably had a terrible day that day, but the way he treated me was unprofessional. Never expected to experience something like this at an online company. Nice recruiters who respect candidates though. I wasted my vacation day for this interview and I felt sorry for myself. Wasted vacation time = can't book a vacation at expedia!

Interview Questions

• Difficult and stressed out people who get mad at the fact they have to spend time to interview candidates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Step 1 - Phone screen with a recruiter. This was a basic 10 minute chat.
    Step 2 - Call with Hiring manager. The HM missed our first call which resulted in lost personal time I had used for the interview. Had to reschedule with them.
    Step 3 - In person group interview. Met with 7 people at Expedia's office. Overall the experience was disorganized and disappointing. First, they never sent me detail on the JD as I had requested, so I went into the in person interview blind. Second, they bumped up my interview start time by an hour and did not notify me until a couple hours before my interview, which caused me to rush out of my current job and get there in time. Interview was also not set up with the hiring manager, so they had to reschedule some of my sessions so they could fit the manager in. Then, while in the middle of spending the afternoon interviewing they said they were also going to do a couple more phone screens. Very surprised that they couldn't gain the necessary opinions in the time already allotted and this stretched the process out over several more weeks.
    Step 4 - Two more phone screens
    Never heard back from them. No feedback whatsoever, not even an official decline. In total, invested a lot of personal time over many days for this process and two follow up emails were ignored. I don't mind not getting the job, but a formal notification to close the loop, especially after the negative experience, would have been professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic and high level. The question repeated most often was "What is your weakness?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviews go progressively higher in the food chain. I was interviewed by my peers, directors and a VP. Overall, an interesting process...exhaustive but interesting. The interviewers provided their unique perspective of their organizations. It's a group of passionate people without much of corporate bureaucracy. Process was very open - felt more like a discussion and an idea sharing session.

Interview Questions

• How many boats do you think are there in Lake Washington at any given time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen - once there to a group interview - 4 or 5 individual interviews either in one room, or go from office to office. All questions were situational - how would you handle a difficult situation, what was your best project etc... - nothing technical or too rough as long as you plan ahead.

Everyone was very nice and contrary to many reviews here - I found them totally organzied and well prepared for me.

No feedback whatsoever, despite the individuals saying they felt the interviews went well - I did not hear back from Expedia one way or the other - so if you interview and they dont make you an offer within a couple of days - assume they are not interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2008.

Interview

It was a phone screen by the HR. They call me in for a face to face. The HR guys screens me again for an hour and puts me in an interview with seven people who screen me individually for seven hours!! So, the interview happens for eight hours in total and everyone seems happy. After the longweekend, I receive an email saying that they are interested and they want to extend an offer and then I was scheduled to go in and sign the offer on the Following week. I was getting ready to go and the HR emails me again saying that they position went on hold!!! This is weird!!!

Interview Questions

• Situational Based...how did you resolve problems related to Projects and people based   Answer Question