Expedia Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied though their career site. A recruiter contacted me after 2 weeks, and scheduled a phone screen. Initial questions were towards my projects and previous roles. Then he jumped in to a coding question.

Interview Questions

• Given a string with multiple lines, find and print the most frequent character for each line. If there is a tie in a given line, i.e, if 2 characters occur the most in that line, then print the one that comes first in the alphabetical order.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I was applied thru thir job portal. After couple of days, recruiter contacted via mail asking for phone screening. I had 45 min phone screen. After this, they again mailed me for onsite interview. The onsite interview started from 9-2.30 and 5 rounds of interviews including 1 hr manager and 15 minutes recruiter discussion. Most of the questions were from basic data structure and problem solving.

After 2 days i got a regret mail.

Interview Questions

• How will you implement word ladder puzzle   2 Answers
    • 1) Two sorted arrays are given. One array contains extra space so that it can accomadate other array's elements too. Merge both the array in sorted. Optimize the solution
      2) Design Redbox and it should be capable of adapting new resource without much code changes
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Decent process with a phone interview and 3 onsite interviews : Submitting resume through a staffing agency or internal recruiter/current Expedia Employee will result in a quick response. For interview preparation, use career cup or other similar online resources. Also, you could use any interview prep book. Practice white boarding of tech questions.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 5 in person onsite interviews, all except one was technical.
    Asked for design, problem solving and coding.
    Can chose whatever language you are comfortable with.
    Liked it that they started at 10 am, and not 8 am.
    Lunch and drinks/coffee provided.
    Folks were nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Write code to generate all subsets of a given string.
      Design a bank account system.
      Tree deserialization question
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Long, boring, back and forward for like 3 months before the offer was presented to me. The recruiter was on and off the process during the 3 months. Asked some coding questions. Not super hard ones. White boarding. Went over resumes. Asked a lot details of my previous projects. First presented some really low-ball offers. Every single email between me and recruiter seemed taking over a week to respond. Lucky I wasn't in a hurry to get a job at that time.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

A headhunter got me the interview and managed the relationship with the company. The process was a typical day-long affair with several interviewers, whiteboarding, and a discussion with a hiring manager. Overall, very standard process for the area.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

3 technical telephone interviews + 1 day face to face interview panel with 3 rounds.
    Overall good questions and process. Continuous feeback from recruiter and very helpful. Software developers, engineering managers and directors were included in the panel.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

It has been very easy going, a first contact by phone, then a single technical interview with two different people. The interview has included a discussion about my current positon, describe the architecture of it. Then a TDD exercise very interesting one indeed. The people was very friendly

Interview Questions

• It has been easy going, there was no unexpected question.   Answer Question