Expedia Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The company came on campus. Asked us to write a code of few questions eg. sorting, hashing etc. and then we had to explain the code to the interviewer. Few of the people were selected for personal interview the next day. Here, they formed a group of 2 and asked them a question and checked how do the students collaborate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Evanston, IL).

Interview

On campus interview. First a brief introduction abt urself. Then some questions towards your resume. Pick a project or intern experience to explain, especially your roll in that project. After that a simple programming test on paper. Finally some questions according to the program you wrote and how to write test cases.

Interview Questions

• There's an integer materials implemented in two dimensional array. When met a 0 in any position , change the whole row and column of that position into 0s   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia in February 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one behavior another one was technical. They asked simple algorithm questions, strings, data types. I did not hear back from them, even after I sent a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Convert a string to integer? Given the sum find any array elements that add up to that sum.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Richardson, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I met them at a career fair at my University. They liked my resume and called me the next day for a technical interview with two of the recruiters. They were very nice. They said if I did well with the interview, then I would be flown to Seattle where their headquarters was at for a few days to have an onsite interview. I didn't get past the first interview. The recruiter called me to inform me.

Interview Questions

• What is agile?   Answer Question
    • Code question: There is a frog. He hops once, but leaps twice. if you were given a number, say n = 3, then your code should print all the possible outcomes of leap and hops.
      Ex: n=3 will print
      hop, hop, hop
      hop, leap
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Evanston, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very basic questions, a setzeroMatrix question. And the recruiter asked me something about what is my favorite language, why do I like it and etc. No deep technical questions. For the coding questions, I wrote the best solution with O(1) space complexity. But the problem is, the recruiter didn't understand, and I strongly doubt she thought my solution was too redundant.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in October 2015.

Interview

First round was Hr Interview. The hr was very friendly and asked basic questions. the next round was technical interview. the interview lasted for 45 mins. I was asked to write a program in Java.

Interview Questions

• The hr interview was similar to any hr interview. In the technical interview, I was asked to write a program to find the anagrams in a list and return the list of anagrams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, and then several final rounds onsite. The process was pretty easy and the recruiter was very helpful! I applied through the campus portal. A week or so after the on campus interview, I was called for an onsite final round. I was interviewed by several people, each of whom was from a different team.

Interview Questions

• Given a string of numbers, return all permutations of letters that could be produced by pressing those numbers on an old fashioned flip phone.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was directly called for on-site interview after resume shortlisting. Waiting time was about an hour before first round. After the first round, I was asked to wait for 3 hours before any intimation of a second round. People were not being informed sooner if they were not selected for further rounds. By the time the 3rd round ended, it was night time. Anyways, the first two interviewers were friendly but the third interviewer was very conceited and intimidating. He was against some technologies used at my previous company citing it had no use and that they were moving away from it. When I told him why it was needed in my previous company, he just started pointing out how it was very bad which didn't seem much of an open welcome discussion. Well, the reason why so many frameworks and languages exist is because you can't use one for every use case! Also, he said in a very arrogant way that the code I had written will not compile when in reality it did. I was so sure I do not want to work with such people that I just left without waiting for HR confirmation. They probably would have made me wait for another hour just to tell me to leave.

Interview Questions

• Java internals, Tree coding, Puzzles, data structures, Threading and locking in Java   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR lasted 15-20 minutes regarding some questions about resume, followed by in person interview with two Senior developers. Last interview was with VP of Information systems who had final say on the candidates who passed first 1:2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you design the database/infrastructure of a car dealership?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in June 2014.

Interview

Started off with a call from HR asking about some resume points, this was basically an initial screening phase. Was then scheduled for a 2 on 1 panel interview with 2 lead developers, questions ranged from basic front end development to finding bugs in code. Also was asked to describe basic database architecture of a car dealership. Second interview was with VP of the department as more of a behavioral interview to see how you fit.

Interview Questions

• SQL based question to describe architecture of car dealership.   Answer Question