Expedia Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and went to the networking night.
Applying online was not helpful to get an interview.
Going to the networking event and handing in the resume actually got me an interview.
Got a technical assessment session with two coding question via HackerRank

Interview Questions

• Finds a key value in a binary tree and returns the result as an integer   1 Answer
  • Takes the list of first names with ordinal characters and resort in alphabetical and numerical order   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in September 2017.

Interview

Met at the career fair and was offered an on campus interview the very next day. The on campus interview was unorthodox, paired up with one other student and tackled a technical question on the whiteboard. Afterwards was offered to take a two question hackerrank assessment. If you do well, you get a phone call offering the position

Interview Questions

• On campus: Given a string how many single letter left rotations would you have to perform to get a new string that come lexicographically first compared to the original string   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The company came on campus. Asked us to write a code of few questions eg. sorting, hashing etc. and then we had to explain the code to the interviewer. Few of the people were selected for personal interview the next day. Here, they formed a group of 2 and asked them a question and checked how do the students collaborate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Evanston, IL).

Interview

On campus interview. First a brief introduction abt urself. Then some questions towards your resume. Pick a project or intern experience to explain, especially your roll in that project. After that a simple programming test on paper. Finally some questions according to the program you wrote and how to write test cases.

Interview Questions

• There's an integer materials implemented in two dimensional array. When met a 0 in any position , change the whole row and column of that position into 0s   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia in February 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one behavior another one was technical. They asked simple algorithm questions, strings, data types. I did not hear back from them, even after I sent a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Convert a string to integer? Given the sum find any array elements that add up to that sum.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Richardson, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I met them at a career fair at my University. They liked my resume and called me the next day for a technical interview with two of the recruiters. They were very nice. They said if I did well with the interview, then I would be flown to Seattle where their headquarters was at for a few days to have an onsite interview. I didn't get past the first interview. The recruiter called me to inform me.

Interview Questions

• What is agile?   Answer Question
    • Code question: There is a frog. He hops once, but leaps twice. if you were given a number, say n = 3, then your code should print all the possible outcomes of leap and hops.
      Ex: n=3 will print
      hop, hop, hop
      hop, leap   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Evanston, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very basic questions, a setzeroMatrix question. And the recruiter asked me something about what is my favorite language, why do I like it and etc. No deep technical questions. For the coding questions, I wrote the best solution with O(1) space complexity. But the problem is, the recruiter didn't understand, and I strongly doubt she thought my solution was too redundant.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in October 2015.

Interview

First round was Hr Interview. The hr was very friendly and asked basic questions. the next round was technical interview. the interview lasted for 45 mins. I was asked to write a program in Java.

Interview Questions

• The hr interview was similar to any hr interview. In the technical interview, I was asked to write a program to find the anagrams in a list and return the list of anagrams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, and then several final rounds onsite. The process was pretty easy and the recruiter was very helpful! I applied through the campus portal. A week or so after the on campus interview, I was called for an onsite final round. I was interviewed by several people, each of whom was from a different team.

Interview Questions

• Given a string of numbers, return all permutations of letters that could be produced by pressing those numbers on an old fashioned flip phone.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Phone Interview covered pretty much everything in CV. Interviewer also asked questions about why you wan to work for Expedia. There were a lot of questions about times you were working in a team.