Expedia Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.5

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Reasonably difficult. Interviewer didnt allow me the space to express my ideas and was very rigid

Interview Questions

• implement a recursive solution for a double linked list in java   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Campus interviews, 1 on 1 with white board coding. Simple problems using Binary search tree traversal and binary search for a scenario. Interviews went well and got invited for onsite interviews at Bellevue HQ. It was challenging and fun; 3 back to back interviews. Two interviewers were fun, while one of them was uptight with hardly a smile. Expedia is quite generous in reimbursing the travel/lodging costs. $75 per day on meals.
    Got the offer within 10 days. The pay rate is the best part, exceeds expectations. The whole process was quick, efficient and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• 1] Given a series of data, cluster it into sub components. It was for a specific use case which was fun to solve. Prepare HashMap well.
      2] Given 2 rectangles, find out the smaller rectangle which is formed by the intersection of the larger rectangles.
      3] Given a 2D matrix filled with 1s and 0s, find out the number of connected components of 1s.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I met them on campus. Had an on-campus in-person interview and it went well. I was contacted about a week later to be flown out to Bellevue, WA for a round of interviews at their headquarters.

I had 3 different one-hour interviews. The first one was mostly conversational. The interviewer was into databases so a lot of questions were about that. The second interview was more white-board coding oriented. I was asked to solve an n by n tic tac toe game. I think I did fairly well since I managed to get an O(1) solution. The third interview was OOP oriented. I was asked to draw out the design I'd give a library.

Overall I don't think I did too bad. I'm an undergraduate student though, and the rest of the interviewees were graduate students who already had prior work experience. I think that's what ultimately lead to me not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Find if an n by n tic tac toe game has a winner in constant time.   1 Answer