Expedia Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Hackerrank coding challenge and then later was invited for an Onsite round. Onsite included one design, one algorithm based and one behavioral round. The questions were very easy, and I have no idea on what basis they have checked my capabilities. The interviewers were not experienced as well, they have joined Expedia 4 months ago. I have answered all the questions and still was rejected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter and went over basic question as my work authorization and goals and experiences. Next, I had a technical phone interview for about 45 minutes about Android related stuff. I was then given a coding exercise to create an app. I was invited for an in person interview. It consisted of mostly white boarding questions and discussion with various team members.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between service and Intent service?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in April 2017.

Interview

Received call after applying through online. First round was hackerrank based with two easy programming questions. Next was 1 hour long video interview consisting of basic java questions and program on strings

Interview Questions

• Minimum rotation to get lexicographical smallest string   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia in February 2017.

Interview

Long process spanning a couple of months consisting of online application, phone and video interview, and in person. Pretty positive experience and seemed to really stress the working atmosphere of Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got invited to do a Hackerrank challenge for the new grad position. After that was invited to on-site for their group interview day. Did 3 rounds of interviews that I thought were very easy. Weeks later was told that my technical skills weren't up to par. Based on my conversations with the other candidates following the interviews, they asked everyone the same questions and I performed at the same level or better than the others. They must have extremely high expectations or not that many open positions.

Interview Questions

• Easy hackerrank/ctci questions
      Object-oriented design   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I'm a new grad. The first round was hackerrank coding questions. After that I flew to Seattle for onsite interview. There were 3 rounds. One design question for parking lot and 2 other questions based on implementation of data structures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through college Career Fair. One week later, they sent out a HackerRank coding assessment. 70 minutes for 2 questions. The questions were of Easy HackerRank type. Two weeks later, got a call for their on-site interviews.

There were 3 rounds of interviews - mostly data structures and Design. One of the questions was right out of HackerRank. Answered all the questions according to the best time complexity and wrote working code for all questions. Still got a reject a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed over Skype. Four individual interviews each around 30 min. Relaxed yet professional. Not the standard boiler plate questions. More conversational taking about technology and experience. Shortest turn around time I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• What area of the software development lifecycle do you think is the most challenging in real world scenarios?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

career fair code question
    on campus 45 minute technical interview
    flight to bellevue
    on site HQ back to back technical interviews with two different engineers
    about fourty five mimutes each
    one on one interviews
    programming questions
    mingle session with all interviewees and some full time employees

Interview Questions

• based on user input, return an updating list of us cities as the user types.
      example:
      user input = s
      return= san fran, san antonio, seattle....
      user input = e
      return = seattle, seguela, sebba...
      and so on   3 Answers

Software Developer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Passed the technical assessment given on my campus during the career fair and proceeded to the next round. Didn't pass second round which was a one on one with an engineer. The process for scheduling my interview was a little unorganized as I lost contact with my recruiter multiple times. However, overall it was a good experience. Though you will have the opportunity to talk about your previous projects, the initial assessment and second round focused more on your technical abilities so be prepared for that.