Expedia Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.1

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia in February 2017.

Interview

Long process spanning a couple of months consisting of online application, phone and video interview, and in person. Pretty positive experience and seemed to really stress the working atmosphere of Expedia

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got invited to do a Hackerrank challenge for the new grad position. After that was invited to on-site for their group interview day. Did 3 rounds of interviews that I thought were very easy. Weeks later was told that my technical skills weren't up to par. Based on my conversations with the other candidates following the interviews, they asked everyone the same questions and I performed at the same level or better than the others. They must have extremely high expectations or not that many open positions.

Interview Questions

• Easy hackerrank/ctci questions
      Object-oriented design   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I'm a new grad. The first round was hackerrank coding questions. After that I flew to Seattle for onsite interview. There were 3 rounds. One design question for parking lot and 2 other questions based on implementation of data structures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through college Career Fair. One week later, they sent out a HackerRank coding assessment. 70 minutes for 2 questions. The questions were of Easy HackerRank type. Two weeks later, got a call for their on-site interviews.

There were 3 rounds of interviews - mostly data structures and Design. One of the questions was right out of HackerRank. Answered all the questions according to the best time complexity and wrote working code for all questions. Still got a reject a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed over Skype. Four individual interviews each around 30 min. Relaxed yet professional. Not the standard boiler plate questions. More conversational taking about technology and experience. Shortest turn around time I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• What area of the software development lifecycle do you think is the most challenging in real world scenarios?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

career fair code question
    on campus 45 minute technical interview
    flight to bellevue
    on site HQ back to back technical interviews with two different engineers
    about fourty five mimutes each
    one on one interviews
    programming questions
    mingle session with all interviewees and some full time employees

Interview Questions

• based on user input, return an updating list of us cities as the user types.
      example:
      user input = s
      return= san fran, san antonio, seattle....
      user input = e
      return = seattle, seguela, sebba...
      and so on   3 Answers

Software Developer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Passed the technical assessment given on my campus during the career fair and proceeded to the next round. Didn't pass second round which was a one on one with an engineer. The process for scheduling my interview was a little unorganized as I lost contact with my recruiter multiple times. However, overall it was a good experience. Though you will have the opportunity to talk about your previous projects, the initial assessment and second round focused more on your technical abilities so be prepared for that.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on Career Fair. Asked for a on campus after career fair. Then scheduled on site after 1 month. On campus interview was quite easy. You need to write a stack and flatten a binary search tree. Onsite interview was related to data structure and algorithm. The interviewer were nice and helpful. I believe my last interviewer knew I'm pretty tired at that moment and asked me some Q&A questions.

Interview Questions

• I choose to respect the NDA. However, the questions were related to data structure and algorithm. It should not be a problem if you are an algorithm master.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

1 Phone interview
    4 Rounds of Onsite interview

The interview had lot of data structures and algorithm questions. But all of them were straight forward out of college questions. None of them were difficult. ANd again - few technical questions too.

Interview Questions

• NDA , Unable to disclose (But mostly data structures and algorithms.) Careercup and glassdoor will reach you. Nothing difficult at all.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview in February - it was pretty chill. Then moved on to on site interview in San Francisco in March. Three rounds of interview in the afternoon. First one was technical, couldn't remember the question. Second one was about design (how to build a mobile app to accommodate customer data). Last one was quite behavior and asked some definition of technical terms. It was alright.