Expedia Software Development Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Expedia Software Development Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 29, 2017

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on the Expedia career website. Started with a recruiting manager arranging a screening call asking very brief details about experience & tech stacks that I've used. Followed by two software developers calling a week later for a first telephone interview where they asked me about the projects I've worked on, why I would like to work for Expedia, and why I want to leave my current position. This then lead to an interview in the Expedia offices with an hour of questions from a backend dev, an hour of questions from a frontend dev, and an hour of conversation about tech with the manager of the whole team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you were proud of and how you approached achieving the end result.   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between === and ==?   1 Answer
  • Write a function that takes an array of fruit and their price and prints the total amount.   Answer Question
  • Using OOP and class inheritance, draw a diagram to describe a car.   1 Answer
  • How to I secure the data of a cookie when sent?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for 2 different departments and got contacted for a phone call for both positions. A few days later one recruiter cancelled the call saying the position was no longer available.

The other recruiter scheduled me for 1 HR interview and 1 technical interview. The HR interviewer was 20 minutes late. The interviews were quite generic and I thought they went well. The technical phone interviewer said they would be in touch regarding a take home test. Never heard back from them ever again, despite asking for updates a few times. They clearly did not respect my time. Very frustrating experience.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The process began with a short phone interview to discuss elements mentioned within the CV, motivation and more about the company. This was followed by a practical programming exercise. An onsite interview was conducted with multiple stages, including a whiteboard coding exercise. Everyone was friendly and the process was enjoyable.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process is average. Generally there is one online screening round that asks coding questions. 2/3 face to face interviews. Technical questions are of medium difficulty. If you are from a good college, HR might shortlist your resume.

Interview Questions

• The length and breadth of my knowledge regarding Databases, networks and data structures was tested. Some of the questions asked were:
      What are relationships? How are they represented in a database?
      What is indexing? Explain it with an example.
      What is a hash table?
      What is an IP address?
      What is a MAC address?
      If a MAC address exists why do we need an IP address?
      Give the use cases of binary tree?
      What is the advantage of an M-ary tree over binary tree?   Answer Question