Expedia Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.9

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral. Received an email via recruiter to setup a phone screen. The phone screen went well. No difficult questions, 2 coding questions one math based and one on LinkedLists. I was called to an onsite interview loop a week later where I interviewed with 4 people. The questions were fairly easy, read up on Cracking the Coding Interview. Most were from that book.

Interview Questions

• NDA: Arrays, Trees, Linked Lists, Behavioral questions, SQL, Core Java.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

First I took an online coding quiz, then I was invited out to an onsite interview. There were a lot of other new grads there interviewing for Software Engineering positions. The onsite interview consisted of three hour-long interviews with white board coding questions. The experience was very smooth and satisfactory, and the HR team did a great job of communicating throughout.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and was asked to do a HackerRank challenge online. Was contacted a few days after completing the task as was asked to do an onsite interview. Was a typical white-board coding interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Took a written test first, and after passing that, attended their onsite recruiting event. First met with recruiters for some time to go over the day schedule, then met individually with 4 engineers. They each asked some behavior questions but mostly focused on coding. It was 2 IC engineers and 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, knowledge questions, and coding questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellingham, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

They came to my school looking for computer scientists. They chose students to do whiteboard interviews at the school. After that, they selected students to participate on hacker rank and answer two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers and a specified number; output the amount of pairs of numbers from the array that add up to the given number. For example, if the given number is 7, then a 4 and a 3 would be one pair, 5 and 2 would be another. We were asked to return the total number of pairs that would sum to the given number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-site in Bellevue. Before this, there is only one online- assignment task. If you pass, then you will do on-site.There are 3 rounds during the interview. One round lasts for one hour. Generally, there are at least one behavior question round, and two technical rounds.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an Expedia recruiter after attending a conference. The first step was an online coding challenge. The challenge consisted of two questions to solve in 75 minutes. The challenge dealt with string manipulation and substrings. You could choose from a variety of languages.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in October 2016.

Interview

Received coding challenge on the popular coding challenge website that is used by many companies. The coding challenge was actually very hard. I was surprised by it. However, I was pleased by the fact that I did not have to handle input and output like I had to do for other coding challenges. The second question was Leetcode hard, based on recursion, backtracking, or DP. Recursion doesn't work as the inputs are too large, which I only figured after testing it with 5 minutes left.

Interview Questions

• 1. Bit manipulation question
      2. Recursion/DP problem.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia in April 2016.

Interview

Applied, then was emailed about a position available. Set up an initial phone interview with the HR person, then a week later had a technical interview. A day later I was informed that they would be moving forward with other candidates. Throughout the entire experience the HR person was really friendly with me. After getting rejected I asked for feedback and they were happy to share feedback about my interview process, which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Four pillars of OOP
      Strong Typing vs Weak typing
      Coding questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Started at on campus interview. Average level difficulty and moved on to on-site and Chicago. The whole process is smooth and both the recruiter and the interviewers are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Due to the NDA, the most I can say are basic algorithmic and data structure questions.   Answer Question