Expedia Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through a university recruitment portal. Passed through two phone-call/Skype interview stages (the first ~30 minutes and nontechnical, the second ~1 hour and technical). Invited down to London for an in person interview (travel expenses reimbursed).

Interviews happened concurrently with ~15 others applying for internships/graduate positions. First was a ~2 hour (or a little under) technical interview with two engineers. Comprised of whiteboard exercises and a small amount of practical programming on a provided laptop.

This was followed by lunch and a group exercise with 3-4 of the other applicants (design and market an idea for a travel app). There was then one final interview with a team leader (fairly nontechnical).

Interview Questions

• Write a program to accept well-bracketed sequences of characters.   Answer Question
  • Roughly sketch the high level design of a vending machine (states/classes/transitions).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

- submit online application
    - followed up to a recruiter about 1.5 month after the online application
    - Got an oniine coding test invitation after sending an email ( 2 basic algorithm qs)
    - on-site interview was consisted of 2 x 30mins interviews , but I did 1 interview for 70 mins instead

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

First round: telephone interview, second round: take home test, third round: 4 face to face interviews on the same day at Angel in London. One technical interview with coding, one hr interview, one interview with a scrum master and the final interview with the hiring manager more high level.

The whole hiring process was a bit chaotic and poorly organised. I heard sarcastic comments during one of the interviews, which already had alarm bells going on. I would not have accepted, if they made an offer but luckily even after the recruiter chased them afterwards for weeks, they didn't provide any feedback, positive or negative. A disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the distance between two locations using Mongo?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews half an hour each. Both of them were technical interviews. The interview was pretty eas. They just asked me what would I like to work on and things I have done in the past. This included what modules have I studied, what projects have I done etc etc