Expedia Systems Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Systems Engineer II Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter, who confirmed the information on my resume and setup my phone screening. The interview process started with a phone screening by the hiring manager, lasted about 45 minutes, and included questions about my past experience and some basis technical questions. The onsite interview consisted of five one-hours interviews held at Expedia’s headquarters in Bellevue and was completed by my peers, the hiring manager, and the director of the group. The on-site interview also included questions about my past experience, but added more advanced technical questions along with culture question to see how I would fit into the company.

Interview Questions

• There was not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions in my opinion. Just make sure you know what you are interviewing for and Expedia as a whole.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiation to the top of my requested salary range, but was informed that the original offer was already at the top of the available range for the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online, my recruiter called me to ask me some basic questions. He took that information back to the hiring manager who scheduled me for a 60 minute phone conversation with one of the team members. The phone conversation happened and only took 20 minutes. A week later I had an in person interview that was 1 on 1 at one hour each with 5 people. Including three directors. Within 10 days later I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do a play by play review on the whiteboard down to the specific details and steps taken to deploy a software package to a live web farm.   4 Answers

Negotiation

They gave me the best offer they could get based off the salary range I requested. There was no negotiating as the offer came directly from the VP of my department

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter and then depending where you are they fly you out for a full day of interviews and tests. The interviews last all day and you just sit in a room as people rotate in and out asking you the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• It's mostly a personality fit from what I could gather.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's take it or leave it depending who you are.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Linkedin and a recruiter contact me few days after. After a bunch of phone interview (4 or 5), I had to pass a background check approval.

The interviews were quite interesting, I had to face different people with different interactions (manager, team member, etc.).
    Some questions were technical, but we also talked about what I like and what could be our futur cooperation.

Interview Questions

• If you're oncall and a customer (very upset) call you at 2am saying your system doesn't work, what would you do?   Answer Question