Expedia Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.9

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lodging Partner Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

It started off well, I had three interviews in total by phone and in person. The person interviewing me the third time couldn't care less, his attitude was outrageously bad and proceeded to tell me why I wouldn't be able to do the role. After spending time and money going to interviews, I never even heard back.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Digital interview, followed by face to face interview. Before the f2f interview the Expedia recruitment team phoned me and briefed me on what to expect and what to prepare for - a rather long list including past experiences, my skills, the current hotel market performance, expedias background, metrics such as revPAR and ADR...etc. So I practised all this beforehand and would say I was very prepared as this was a dream job of mine.
    Next to NO questions came up relating to what I was told to practise. In fact the questions were just asked very randomly, and what must of just come from the top of their heads.

All in all, I wasn't able to portray what I know, which was extremely relatable to the position. I think they just wanted to know more about me as a person and not why I could actually be good for the role.

They seemed to be really impressed with me in the f2f interview and I got the impression that it went really well anyway however.
    I was told it would take a week till they contact me.
    2 and a half weeks on, still nothing so I decided to email them. Then 3 days after my email I finally got a short response to say I was unsuccessful at this time, with no reason as to why.
    For such a large 'reputable' (so I thought) company, after 2 stages of interviews it would have been better to get an explanation as to why I'm not good enough for the role.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed phone interview with HR and second interview. Third interview was only held by the hiring manager, there were no other people to witness the interview, an HR person or anyone, In order to avoid that the interviewer makes a choice purely based on personal preferences in regards to race/age/gender etc

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Bad candidate experience.

The process is long (5 interviews) with multiple different shareholders and very disorganised: they set an interview at 9pm for the day after 9am.

I received different job related information from the job description, HR manager and hiring manager.

I have never been asked any question about my ability to sell or to describe how I would react in a sales situation.

After 5 interviews, the only feedback I got is one sentence via email.

Very disappointing interview process when you see the great reviews on glassdoor. Be ready to potentially experience the same process, being confused, frustrated and accept very last minute interviews.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in April 2017. Initially started with an email from the internal recruiter asking me to complete a test online following which we would arrange a telephone chat - I got this email in June. Completed the telephone chat and had a telephone interview arranged with a Director in Marketing. Passed this and got a phone call within 2 hours stating they wanted to call me in for a face to face.

This was done in 2 parts; A further telephone interview with a Senior Manager and a series of face to face interviews and a group presentation. I was given a week to prepare for the presentation. I prepared and went for the interview which I feel went reasonably well - I have no way of telling for sure as it's been over 2 months since that interview and I have had no feedback or communication at all from them.

I find this rather unprofessional. I can understand large companies having long hiring processes but what I cannot comprehend is the lack of communication for over 2 months after investing 5 hours of my time in interviews and a further 7 hours preparing a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Asked to present a loyalty partnership program proposition for a new partner in a new region.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for 2 different departments and got contacted for a phone call for both positions. A few days later one recruiter cancelled the call saying the position was no longer available.

The other recruiter scheduled me for 1 HR interview and 1 technical interview. The HR interviewer was 20 minutes late. The interviews were quite generic and I thought they went well. The technical phone interviewer said they would be in touch regarding a take home test. Never heard back from them ever again, despite asking for updates a few times. They clearly did not respect my time. Very frustrating experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency based and what attracts me to the role, what would I find challenging about this role, how can I develop in this role etc   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied and within a week arrange one phone interview, which was then moved at the interviewer's request, we proceeded to arrange another phone interview, but on the date and time agreed upon I never got a phone call. I have since attempted to contact the interviewer but have received no reply to emails or phone calls.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in mid-October, application ignored. Saw the same role relisted in December and re-applied. Received a generic decline email, despite my CV being almost a word-for-word match to the job spec. Sent an email to two senior members of the recruitment team asking for feedback, both of which were totally ignored.

Saw the same role relisted again in February and sent another message to the (new) listed job poster. Received a reply a month later and subsequently set up an interview with the in-house recruiter, which led to a second interview with the hiring manager two weeks later. During the interview, I was told that Expedia "hires for capability" and "hires for pace" - I resisted the urge to tell him that I had applied to the role 5 months ago and followed up three times before my application was picked up.

I was told I would receive feedback by the end of the week. After chasing once the end of the week had passed, I received an email telling me that they were looking for someone whose experience matched the requirement exactly and I had not managed a big enough team - so much for hiring "for capability"....

All in all, a pretty pathetic experience. I literally had to chase these people every step of the way and it still took five months to read a CV and conduct two interviews. I currently manage a recruitment team which turns applications around in an average of five weeks, and yet I'm told I'm not qualified to run this joke of an operation?!? It's hardly a surprise that this role has now been open for six months.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when you've used data to influence a decision?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time when you've managed an underperformer?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a recorded interview as first stage. Didn't get further. You have a number of minutes to answer each questions and two tries. You can read the question on the side at all points after it was read to you by a video of an employee.