Expedia Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied and within a week arrange one phone interview, which was then moved at the interviewer's request, we proceeded to arrange another phone interview, but on the date and time agreed upon I never got a phone call. I have since attempted to contact the interviewer but have received no reply to emails or phone calls.

Back End Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview has 2 stages, one was online coding exercises, other was assessment day in the office. The first part was standard Hackerrank tasks, two questions, you can choose languages. The second part was in their office and contained 2 parts - technical and group exercise. Interviewers and people who helped during the day was very helpful and friendly. At the beginning of each section, we had some 'icebreaker' to meet with team or interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 'Icebreaker' - about myself, my experience, interests, etc.
      Coding questions - you are given some problem to solve, standard whiteboard thing.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely fast and relatively simple. An online application, a phone interview, an online coding exercise and then an assessment day. Throughout the entire process they were great at communicating and extremely friendly!

The phone interview was 15 minutes long and it was pleasant, asked a few questions about myself as well as a few relating to my technical work.

Online coding exercise was fine, they give you ample time to complete it.

Assessment day was 4 hours long, including a 1.5 hour technical interview involving a whiteboard exercise and another online coding challenge, lunch, tour, and an hour group exercise. Again, it was a relaxed atmosphere and everyone was approachable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked within a team, what was your role?

Tell me about a time you had to change something within a system

I had mentioned that I had strong OOP skills so they asked me why I thought so

What experience I had with databases

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very organised. I received prompt response after each stage of interviews. First was a 30 min phone call with HR. After that I was invited for 1:1 interview with line manager. Line manager at the end of interview told me that I am invited for final interview. Went to final interview, which was 3 hours with people from different departments. In overall it was fine, just a little bit too long.
    Interview included 1 hour with each manager. They were quite friendly, questions were related to different job situations and some questions regarding your experience and why did you decide to move from one position to another.

Interview Questions

• Which projects you was working for, how your experience match a current role
      Some situation questions.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very long process.
    Phone interview.
    Three face to face interviews one hour each.
    All held at the same office in London.
    HR department help you and are very very nice.
    You meet line manager first then a random manager then head of service.

Interview Questions

• Why work for us.
      Scenario questions.
      examples of creativity within workplace.
      Working culture questions.

Data/Insights Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received a response from HR within a few days to schedule a screening call to assess my suitability for interview. This call was then followed by a coding exercise around forecasting and analysis of the data, to be done in a language of your choice at home and returned after the weekend. Feedback on the exercise was good and I had a second phone interview with one of the managers in the hiring team; the conversation covered my current role and experience handling large amounts of data, skills and knowledge with statistics and ability to use languages such as SQL, R, SAS or even Python. The third call was with another hiring manager from this team and a bit more difficult as it involved situational analytics questions; given a lack of immediate experience with this type of analysis I struggled to work out a solution and was guided to it by the interviewer; disappointingly the call was obviously ended somewhat shortly after that without much desire from the interviewer to go further or even discuss my coding exercise as the first manager had done. I received an email from HR a week later to say I had been unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Coding exercise to be done in language of your choice (R/Python/Excel/C++); given a set of data you're to forecast a certain number of periods into the future and then provide further analysis as asked in the remaining 4 questions.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Quick informal 20 minute interview with fairly basic CV based questions with a graduate talent acquisition manager . Would have been nice to have been interviewed in an enclosed space instead of a communal area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Expedia?
      How would you try to encourage hotels to do more business with Expedia ?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had one-to-one interview with HR, the line manager and 6 other stakeholders either by telephone or face-to-face depending on their locations.
    The interview styles vary depending on individual interviewer, some are very casual chat and some are more competency based questions.
    I received the outcome 2 months after the last interview that they went for another candidate.
    The upside of the process is that you would have talked to everyone the post-holder would work with during the interviews and learn a lot about the company and the position. However, it is lengthy and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what is your favourite holiday destination.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a telephonic interview, followed by a technical test, then a face to face interview would follow.
    The coding test was about implementing the Berlin Clock. I was accused of copying the solution just because I added a Wikipedia link to the article about the Berlin Clock. I wouldn't work for a company that makes such grave accusations and then it doesn't have the backbone to defend the accusation. It's fair to assume that I won't be buying from Expedia holidays again. One of the worst interview experiences ever.

Interview Questions

• very basic questions about previous experience in the telephonic interview   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviewed for two different roles (hotels.com and e-bookers). Role one involved a screening interview with HR followed by a 1.5 hr face-to-face interview at their London offices. Interviewer was engaging, interested, positive and I thought it went well. And then - nothing. I never heard back from them, despite following up. Absolutely puzzling and unprofessional.
    Second interview was a screening call (duration: about 15 minutes) with HR with a very aggressive interviewer who kept interrupting and pointing out that my answers were wrong. He seemed determined not to take me through and was clearly in a rush. We both agreed that it would be best not to take this further.
    Would not recommend.