Expedia Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.9

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed phone interview with HR and second interview. Third interview was only held by the hiring manager, there were no other people to witness the interview, an HR person or anyone, In order to avoid that the interviewer makes a choice purely based on personal preferences in regards to race/age/gender etc

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on the Expedia career website. Started with a recruiting manager arranging a screening call asking very brief details about experience & tech stacks that I've used. Followed by two software developers calling a week later for a first telephone interview where they asked me about the projects I've worked on, why I would like to work for Expedia, and why I want to leave my current position. This then lead to an interview in the Expedia offices with an hour of questions from a backend dev, an hour of questions from a frontend dev, and an hour of conversation about tech with the manager of the whole team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you were proud of and how you approached achieving the end result.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between === and ==?   1 Answer
    • Write a function that takes an array of fruit and their price and prints the total amount.   Answer Question
    • Using OOP and class inheritance, draw a diagram to describe a car.   1 Answer
    • How to I secure the data of a cookie when sent?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

1 phone call with HR with general questions about you and salary expectations.
    1 phone call with future manager to discuss previous experiences, interests for the job.
    1 case to prepare at home using global data --> make a presentation.
    1 day at the office with 4 interviews with different managers. Questions varied depending on the interviewer, but mainly focused on the case, situational, competency-based questions, some case questions.

Interview Questions

• - Why this role and firm?
      - Tell me about a time when you had to make your case using data to a non-data-driven audience?
      - Tell me about a time when you had to work with people with different point of views, competencies?
      - You're playing a game of russian roulette, I put two balls next to each other (6 holes in total). I shoot once, nothing happens. Should I shoot again without rolling or roll it and then shoot?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for 2 different departments and got contacted for a phone call for both positions. A few days later one recruiter cancelled the call saying the position was no longer available.

The other recruiter scheduled me for 1 HR interview and 1 technical interview. The HR interviewer was 20 minutes late. The interviews were quite generic and I thought they went well. The technical phone interviewer said they would be in touch regarding a take home test. Never heard back from them ever again, despite asking for updates a few times. They clearly did not respect my time. Very frustrating experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency based and what attracts me to the role, what would I find challenging about this role, how can I develop in this role etc   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

In total I did 6 Interviews, with different parts of the business, First with recruiter, then 5 other. Process was smooth, and well organized, considering it involved different timezones.

Interview Questions

• What annoys you when looking at marketing   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied and within a week arrange one phone interview, which was then moved at the interviewer's request, we proceeded to arrange another phone interview, but on the date and time agreed upon I never got a phone call. I have since attempted to contact the interviewer but have received no reply to emails or phone calls.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in mid-October, application ignored. Saw the same role relisted in December and re-applied. Received a generic decline email, despite my CV being almost a word-for-word match to the job spec. Sent an email to two senior members of the recruitment team asking for feedback, both of which were totally ignored.

Saw the same role relisted again in February and sent another message to the (new) listed job poster. Received a reply a month later and subsequently set up an interview with the in-house recruiter, which led to a second interview with the hiring manager two weeks later. During the interview, I was told that Expedia "hires for capability" and "hires for pace" - I resisted the urge to tell him that I had applied to the role 5 months ago and followed up three times before my application was picked up.

I was told I would receive feedback by the end of the week. After chasing once the end of the week had passed, I received an email telling me that they were looking for someone whose experience matched the requirement exactly and I had not managed a big enough team - so much for hiring "for capability"....

All in all, a pretty pathetic experience. I literally had to chase these people every step of the way and it still took five months to read a CV and conduct two interviews. I currently manage a recruitment team which turns applications around in an average of five weeks, and yet I'm told I'm not qualified to run this joke of an operation?!? It's hardly a surprise that this role has now been open for six months.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when you've used data to influence a decision?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time when you've managed an underperformer?   Answer Question

Back End Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview has 2 stages, one was online coding exercises, other was assessment day in the office. The first part was standard Hackerrank tasks, two questions, you can choose languages. The second part was in their office and contained 2 parts - technical and group exercise. Interviewers and people who helped during the day was very helpful and friendly. At the beginning of each section, we had some 'icebreaker' to meet with team or interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 'Icebreaker' - about myself, my experience, interests, etc.
      Coding questions - you are given some problem to solve, standard whiteboard thing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by face to face
    When I asked about the role it was not very clear but sounded interesting
    Casual face to face interview, however at first could not figure out interviewers
    Questions were not too difficult and interview wasn't too long

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to travel for work   1 Answer