Expedia Visual Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Visual Designer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Visual Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expedia in July 2012.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter from another state. She was very nice, easy to talk to, and really encouraging. Asked me about my background, why I chose the major I did, and what I do now. She also spent quite a while just explaining the company's structure and where this position would fit in. She let me know that she was going to have me do another phone interview with Expedia's Director of Design. I was feeling confident for that interview and was under-prepared. He was impossible to read - just asked a series of open-ended questions and let me talk until I stopped, then he would say "okay," and ask another question. Thinking that it would make me seem well-rounded, I talked too much about the fact that my experience included a lot more than visual design. When I followed up with the recruiter, she let me know that this made me seem like a generalist, when they wanted a specialist.

Interview Questions

• 1) How would you build a search results page for a hotel reservation site? 2) Name some designers who inspire you.   Answer Question