Expeditors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expeditors Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.5

EDI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

Got an email from a team lead and interviewed with 2 team leads on the phone. Consisted of behavioral questions as well as a short whiteboard question. From what I could get out of them, most of the stuff from Glassdoor (low salary, unnecessarily corporate, and nepotism) sounded true, so they cut me off there.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

First round of phone interview. It was easy. General questions like why Expeditors, career goals, salary expectations, what do you know about the company and basic Java OOP technical questions. If you read a java basics you can clear this round.

Second round is on-site. It was easy. I met four engineers at onsite interview, one interviewer is crazy. He is laughing continuously, it's annoying. The technical interview was pretty easy -- some design questions, code review(Java < V1.6) to pick out bugs/enhancements. This lasted about an hour. Recruiter is really nice, but interview panel is not professional.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java questions
      Code reading - Semaphores and abstract class

Software Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

First round of phone interview. It was easy. General questions like why Expeditors, career goals, salary expectations, what do you know about the company, critical defect found, questions to the interviewer

Customs Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nogales, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Nogales, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

He just asked me basic questions about my education school also duties on my last job, this is my second interview first one was in spanish, i will probbably have another interview on this days

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Tell me about your self

ET - Configuration Engineer Interview

Interview

I was scheduled for 30 min phone interview. There was no technical question asked. Later I was not informed anything about the result. I got no reply after week. Later after the 2nd week, i got a response that the person forgot and added that they are moving with other candidates. PATHETIC !!! If Hiring manager is like this means, not sure how the company growth would be !!! Learn to respect the candidates

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Easy, small pool of applicants.
    Phone Screening, Panel interview, salary negotiation (they didn't move and lied and said it can be adjusted after 3 months, which it wasnt)
    Took forvever for the background check.

Ocean Import Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

the hiring process was very quick. from phone interview to one person on site interview to three people interviewing me. They all ask similar questions. All the questions are about customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• It includes lots of behavioural questions about customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Questions were basic programming questions like interface vs abstract class, what is OOP, etc. It took less than 15 min to answer the questions and that was it.

As much as people dislike how hard interview processes are for software engineering positions, they exist so you don't have incompetent coworkers. A 15 min screen answering basic programming questions is not meaningful nor does it impress potential candidates. It's pretty bad when a hire becomes disinterested before they get the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• -interface vs abstract class
      -methods of certain classes
      -basic stuff

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

First it was a phone screen by the hiring manager then the onsite interview. The onsite interview was supposed to last for an hour but it was only half an hour. I already got the vibe that the manager was not interested but I was still promised a reply even if I was not selected. It has been over a week after I was supposed to get a reply and I have yet to receive anything. I find this to be highly unprofessional and I have lost any respect that I have for Expeditors because of their horrid hiring process.

Associate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the web site and got an email within 20 minutes scheduling a phone screening. The interview was good, asked what my salary expectations were and some java questions. They were mostly on things that I learned two years ago and couldn't remember much. They emailed me the next day whether they would wanted a second interview or to pursue other candidates which I appreciated.