Expeditors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expeditors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

First it was a phone screen by the hiring manager then the onsite interview. The onsite interview was supposed to last for an hour but it was only half an hour. I already got the vibe that the manager was not interested but I was still promised a reply even if I was not selected. It has been over a week after I was supposed to get a reply and I have yet to receive anything. I find this to be highly unprofessional and I have lost any respect that I have for Expeditors because of their horrid hiring process.

Associate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the web site and got an email within 20 minutes scheduling a phone screening. The interview was good, asked what my salary expectations were and some java questions. They were mostly on things that I learned two years ago and couldn't remember much. They emailed me the next day whether they would wanted a second interview or to pursue other candidates which I appreciated.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

After an employee referred me, I went through several phone interviews, an in person interview, and a case study presentation. After a prolonged period of time, I was offered a position as a logistics analyst. The overall process was simple but somewhat extensive, and they were careful with my placement in the company since I was not applying for any particular position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something about yourself. What about the company/industry interests you?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

Had the same experience as the previous reviews and was surprised they kept asking same questions for a long time, i mean like what methods Object has, what is interface, what is the difference between interface and abstract class

Interview Questions

• what methods Object has, what is interface, what is the difference between interface and abstract class   Answer Question

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called for a brief phone interview. The recruiter sounded very professional and respectful. I was asked to come for an on-site interview soon after.

Just one day before the interview they sent me a programming project and gave a timeline to finish it off and send. It came as a surprise because I had other interviews and meetings to attend to and I didn't have time to fit it into my schedule.

A panel of four interviewers from different teams interviewed me together. Though the title says software tester, they asked questions for a lead role like how would you bring the team together to do something, etc. I don't think that's in the job description and I didn't think it was fair to ask such questions.

And most importantly, there were no programming questions, which disappointed me greatly. I was not impressed with the interviewers and neither were they.

Software Quality Assurance II/III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with Test Lead. Behavioral, and some technical. Nothing out of ordinary.

Next, received an email asking to come in for an in-person. Met with the Test Lead and two other members(I do not recall their titles). Answered behavioral and some technical for about two hours, no coding. Expeditors seem to follow a procedure and follow a certain interview
    guideline. Lastly, there was a technical exercise - three print outs from the web: back-end stuff, a flow diagram, and Web UI. I was asked to find a testing approach, find areas that could be automated, create a test plan, etc. I talked for about 5-10 minutes and they seemed to be happy with my explanation, no questions asked later. I think as long as you are logical, you should be fine.

Third interview was with one developer and two managers for an hour. Went through the resume and they asked various questions from the past experience. Nothing hard.

Last interview was with a QA manager. We chatted for a while and he presented an offer.

I was able to slightly negotiate an offer, but not much.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What would you do if you have to press a button 50 times?
      Is there a particular defect you are proud of from your previous experience?
      What do you currently do to advance in your career?   Answer Question

At the end, I declined an offer due to other job opportunity that came up. I am happy with the outcome of my decision as I felt that I won't be challenged enough at Expeditors to advance in my career.

Business Intelligence Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got schedule for phone interview. After getting through that, I got invited for in person interview. It was for 2 hours with 2 separate panel of 4 people each. They introduced them self and had technical questions ready to ask me. Sometimes during the interview they start talking and joking among them self and I felt awkward as if they are interested in the interview or not. Anyway after the interview I was told there will be another round with couple of more people as this was introduction with each and everyone in the team. Anyway I didn't hear back for 3 weeks and after sending them follow up email they said they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Basic Sql question, Joins, Constrains, CTE, Views, Index.
      Also many situation question like what did you do when you had difficult boss, didnt met the deadline etc.   Answer Question

Distribution Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expeditors (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very simple and straightforward. My resume was forwarded by a friend to the Operations Manager. She assigned a manager to call me in for an interview. Interview questions were very simple and basic, pretty much just assessing my work ethic, type of position I was interested in, and what I felt that I could bring to the company. Also addressed my salary expectations.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Round of interviews with three different teams, two management, one with the actual team applying for. Did some behaviorial questions and regular get to know you stuff. Technical questions varied from general PC knowledge and scripting with pearl and SQL. SQL query ranged from simple two line ones to 60 lined statements asking for table joining and alias and specific category requests with a sample data set or pseudo data set.

Interview Questions

• How do you select this query from this data using SQL?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted after applying and scheduled an interview for 2 days later. It was a position where you are an intern over the summer and then hired full time at the end. The interview went okay, they told me they would be doing second interviews and I sent a nice thank you note. Never was contacted back until I asked 3 weeks later and was told no.