Experian Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

took a couple of months, the company said they were urgent to fill the position but then dragged their feet, which should have been a sign. it was a couple if phone interviews, panel interview, then meeting with the head boss

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Experian

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online, received a phone screening the next day. Interviewed on site with a panel of Sr. acct mgrs, acct mgrs, director, and client partnership mgr. The interviewed went ok but it was very frat boy bro-y, they grilled you on your skills then ask obnoxious lateral thinking questions (not pertaining to the job, just how you would response to the question). Overall, it was like interviewing for a sorority or fraternity. Not my cup of tea.

Interview Questions

• There is a huge fire in one man's apartment building, how does he escape without getting hurt? He was on the first floor so he just walked out.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Experian in November 2015.

Interview

Had a very good phone interview with HR, then was asked to meet with the hiring manager on-site, Had a great chat with the hiring manager. which made me very excited about the opportunity . I sent him a thank you note and did the same with the HR lady whot had contacted me. HR first told me they would need 2 days to collect feedback and get back to me. However, soon after this chat I got another call from the HR lady, saying that my skills were not right for the job which completely contradicted the entire interview process . I was disappointed. However the very next day I get a reply to my thank you note from the hiring manager, saying that it was great to meet me and that I should hear back soon from HR about next steps. At this point I am even more confused. So I wrote to the HR lady asking for some clarification and she tells me that the hiring manager had made a mistake which I find really hard to believe. Total cluster and a total disappointment .

Interview Questions

• why Experian, what I would like to bring on from my last job, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Experian (Irvine, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

A long day of interviews with 5 people, which wasn't a problem, but they were not as specific as they could have been in answering MY questions - make sure you get VERY specific about what you will be doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job? Tell me about this job you had.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR/Recruiter, then an in person interview with about 3-4 teams (2 interviews per team) about a week later (before the interviews had to take a written test which consisted of a combination of basic HTML questions and database logic questions)

Interview Questions

• On the written test: write a query using the data set (e.g. where city is New York or LA and gender is female)   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR called with an offer, I counter negotiated, HR said they would call me back. About a day later, same HR person called to bump up offer (although not as high as my counter offer).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Before the in-person interview there was a telephone screening with the Talent Manager. The conversation lasted about 30 mins with basic questions to make sure I wasn't crazy. After the phone screening I was invited to come in to the office to speak to a few people for the interview. I met with about 5 different team managers. Many of the questions they asked overlapped like, "Tell me about yourself?" and "What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?"

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online, sent in resume and received a phone call about maybe 3 months later. Went through a pretty basic and casual phone interview. Passed through the first interview and then heard about the following interview process. Two in-person, paper and pencil tests (2-3 hours long), another phone interview quiz and supposedly another in person quiz with an actual interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR and set up interview with 2 teams. Culture seems pretty laid back. Managers like to drink with their clients.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were terribly difficult. If you can speak intelligently about Email, you're in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by phone by a Hiring Manager and she conducted a phone interview. Shortly after I was contacted by email to set up and in-person 3 hour interview. At the interview I took and HTML & Data Query test which was not hard at all. I also interviewed with 6 different people who were pleasant and asked general questions about my experience and where do I see myself in 5 years. I was a little hesitant about the interview process because there are a lot of steps but in the end deft worth it.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem with a colleague, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, so I was contacted shortly after to schedule an in-person interview. Upon getting to the interview I was asked to take a logic and html test before interviewing with anyone. I then met with a few managers who had opening on their teams. I received an offer within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a work experience/task that did not go as planned and explain how you dealt with it   Answer Question