Experian Interview Questions in Costa Mesa, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Combination technical questions and behavioral interview. They dont try and trip you up. Straight forward, if you are a professional and know your stuff, this was an enjoyable talk.

Interview Questions

• No question were out of the ordinary. Just know your skills.   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

There were interviews over a total of 2 days. The first day was with the entire team split up in groups or 2-3. If you pass the first round of interviews then they invite you back for a second interview. The second day was with the management team. The interview process is very fast. The whole process took about 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a really hard problem and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

They seem to have a lot of turnover, have trouble making decisions as a group and don't want to change their outdated ways. They seem VERY lost with too many changes in direction from senior leadership. Beware.

Architect Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very easy. The person interviewer did not have Hadoop experience so anything I said, he would believe. They were more focused on I was American who could speak English than focusing on my skill sets

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward - questions related to the job at hand, no trick questions. Phone screen with the recruiter, then hiring manager, in-person interviews (1:1 with hiring manager, person who'd done the role before, and hiring manager's supervisor). Follow up call with a dotted line manager for this role. When I mentioned Glassdoor reviews of the company (I read all 174 in prep for the interview), we had a good discussion about where the comments were originating - no defensiveness, lots of interesting information. Communication on stages and next steps was very easy and clear, their travel setup for the in-person was super easy to navigate. Nice team - I felt very welcomed.

Interview Questions

• What are three things that you are working on as areas of development?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was awesome, no need to negotiate. :-)

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Although slow, the process was relatively easy due to an existing relationship I had with several of the stakeholders. One in person interview, 4 phone interviews. Questions were mostly about my relevant experience, asking me to go into some detail about the type of products I would be working with. Most of them felt like friendly getting-to-know-you conversations rather than interrogations (as most interviews feel to me). The hiring manager, in particular, was amazing and gave me the opportunity to address their concerns about some aspects of my job history.

Leadership Development Program (MBA LDP) Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

One of the most complex and competitive interviews I have ever participated in. If you are reading this you know what an LDP is, otherwise you are wasting your time reading about this interview process. Why was it complex and competitive. The actual interview takes about eight hours, you interview with multiple highly influential executives, 6 to 9, and it all happens in one day. In order to be considered for Experian's LDP you must be an MBA student who is about to graduate. Experian recruits at target schools only. However, I met one LDP graduate who came in from a non-target school. Although the actual interview takes an entire day, everything begins the night before with a social event. At this social event you get to meet everyone else who is applying to the LDP, your competition, as well as some of the people who may be interviewing you.

About the applicants: In my case just about every applicant spoke multiple languages, went to a top tier university (or very well recognized school), and had worked at some big name company. If you are a very competitive MBA you will love this event. However, if you are shy, or have a difficult time engaging in organic conversation, you are going to feel left out.

Interview day: Each interview is supposed to be about 30-40 minutes, however, a couple of my interviews lasted over an hour. It is very important to be able to interview with everyone as if they are your 8am appointment. I was able to maintain a solid energy level throughout the day, however, I heard that some applicants' energy level began to drop after the 20 minute lunch break.

Almost all the interviewers do a good job at making the process fair, but with so many super qualified applicants it is very difficult to land a seat in the program.

Good luck to you!

Interview Questions

• • Many of the questions are behavioral, and a couple are Google-like. They do want specificity in your answers, and job application   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with recruiter by phone. She asked some basic interview questions, including “how can you let non-finance people understand financial reports”. The next day I was arranged to talk with hiring manager by phone the following week. It lasted for about 30 min. Some detailed questions regarding my current work and financial analysis. No response so far.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving current job?
      Questions regarding revenue recognition.
      Answer Question

Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with manager and 2 senior developers in a single 1-hour interview in a small "huddle" room. They asked the typical interview questions (i.e. Tell me about yourself, etc.) but there were a few simple technical questions here and there to probe my knowledge of the technologies I would be using. At the end of the verbal interview, the manager gave me a written technical test that aimed to show my knowledge of program flow and state values of variables.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing to develop yourself?   1 Answer
    • How would you go about copying a file in MVS?   1 Answer
    • Why do you enjoy programming?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the inside sales position online on May 5th. Literally got a phone call the next day from the recruiter. She asked me about my background, and we went through my resume. She felt like I was a good candidate for the position and set up a phone interview with the Senior Inside Sales Manager the next day.

I talked to the manager on the phone, and learned more about the position, got a chance to ask questions, and show I did research on the company. He asked me in particular about my sales experience. He felt I would be a good fit and told me he would like for me to have a face-to-face interview with his colleague (I live in California, but the position is in Schaumburg, Illinois)

The face-to-face was scheduled a week later. I got a tour of the Costa Mesa Campus from the recruiter, we sat down and talked about my background again. I talked to her for about half an hour. Later, I had a chance to meet with the Sales Director, and talk to him for about 15-20 minutes, and finally had a video conference with the Senior Inside sales manager.

The whole process was really smooth. Didn't ask any difficult questions. Just wanted to get a feel of you as a person. They made an offer the same day. I got a call from the recruiter a few hours later and was extended an offer.