Experian Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Experian (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Phone screening was a 20-30 minute non-technical discussion with the tech. lead. Then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview.

The interview was dated and odd. It consisted of a revolving door of individuals and groups asking questions, and requesting various simple code exercises be drawn out on a whiteboard with a dry-erase marker.

The position was actually misrepresented. They advertised a need for a Front-end Developer. The questions, however, were for a full stack developer (very heavy on the SQL questions, also a large number of C# questions). The questions seemed to have no practical use in the real world.

Interview Questions

• You have a SQL table with 1 column, 100 rows. The value of row 1 is 1, row 2 is 2, etc. Write a query to output the date from the first day of the month to the last.   Answer Question
    • If a web page is slow, what steps would you take to optimize it?   Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website and got an interview request two days before the interview. It was business professional dress and the questions were pretty simple and self-explanatory.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Four questionnaires (attitude, personality, numerical and verbal), three telephone interviews and one panel interview in person. I had great telephone conversations with the hiring manager, senior sales person and hr. I created a executive presentation, personal presentation and a first 90 days presentation. Everything felt very good. HR called me back and told me that they expected to make me an offer but that was not the case. Sad.

Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Combination technical questions and behavioral interview. They dont try and trip you up. Straight forward, if you are a professional and know your stuff, this was an enjoyable talk.

Interview Questions

• No question were out of the ordinary. Just know your skills.   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

There were interviews over a total of 2 days. The first day was with the entire team split up in groups or 2-3. If you pass the first round of interviews then they invite you back for a second interview. The second day was with the management team. The interview process is very fast. The whole process took about 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a really hard problem and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

They seem to have a lot of turnover, have trouble making decisions as a group and don't want to change their outdated ways. They seem VERY lost with too many changes in direction from senior leadership. Beware.

Architect Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very easy. The person interviewer did not have Hadoop experience so anything I said, he would believe. They were more focused on I was American who could speak English than focusing on my skill sets

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward - questions related to the job at hand, no trick questions. Phone screen with the recruiter, then hiring manager, in-person interviews (1:1 with hiring manager, person who'd done the role before, and hiring manager's supervisor). Follow up call with a dotted line manager for this role. When I mentioned Glassdoor reviews of the company (I read all 174 in prep for the interview), we had a good discussion about where the comments were originating - no defensiveness, lots of interesting information. Communication on stages and next steps was very easy and clear, their travel setup for the in-person was super easy to navigate. Nice team - I felt very welcomed.

Interview Questions

• What are three things that you are working on as areas of development?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was awesome, no need to negotiate. :-)

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Although slow, the process was relatively easy due to an existing relationship I had with several of the stakeholders. One in person interview, 4 phone interviews. Questions were mostly about my relevant experience, asking me to go into some detail about the type of products I would be working with. Most of them felt like friendly getting-to-know-you conversations rather than interrogations (as most interviews feel to me). The hiring manager, in particular, was amazing and gave me the opportunity to address their concerns about some aspects of my job history.

Leadership Development Program (MBA LDP) Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

One of the most complex and competitive interviews I have ever participated in. If you are reading this you know what an LDP is, otherwise you are wasting your time reading about this interview process. Why was it complex and competitive. The actual interview takes about eight hours, you interview with multiple highly influential executives, 6 to 9, and it all happens in one day. In order to be considered for Experian's LDP you must be an MBA student who is about to graduate. Experian recruits at target schools only. However, I met one LDP graduate who came in from a non-target school. Although the actual interview takes an entire day, everything begins the night before with a social event. At this social event you get to meet everyone else who is applying to the LDP, your competition, as well as some of the people who may be interviewing you.

About the applicants: In my case just about every applicant spoke multiple languages, went to a top tier university (or very well recognized school), and had worked at some big name company. If you are a very competitive MBA you will love this event. However, if you are shy, or have a difficult time engaging in organic conversation, you are going to feel left out.

Interview day: Each interview is supposed to be about 30-40 minutes, however, a couple of my interviews lasted over an hour. It is very important to be able to interview with everyone as if they are your 8am appointment. I was able to maintain a solid energy level throughout the day, however, I heard that some applicants' energy level began to drop after the 20 minute lunch break.

Almost all the interviewers do a good job at making the process fair, but with so many super qualified applicants it is very difficult to land a seat in the program.

Good luck to you!

Interview Questions

• • Many of the questions are behavioral, and a couple are Google-like. They do want specificity in your answers, and job application   Answer Question