Experian Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Website Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was a long process. It lasted several months and I went to what I believe was the final stage. Where multiple groups of people came in to interview me. All went fairly well except for the web developers, they were very antagonistic in the interview. Also, even after making it to the final interview they didn't bother to tell me I was not going to be offered the position, even after my follow up.

Interview Questions

• What would you rank as your top 5 skills on your resume?   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Applied online through company website. Got 1 phone call through recruiter, 2nd phone call with hiring manager, and 5 face to face on site interviews with 9 interviewers on a single day.
    Worst company to be interviewed for. After interview no correspondence from the company's recruiter at all even for a follow up mail. Even after 2 weeks, no reply or call from recruiter. A rejection would have been better as compared to 2 weeks of waiting for a simple reply.

Interview Questions

• A question about SQL query and was asked to solve it without using SQL Server   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1 phone call with recruiter, 1 phone call with hiring manager, and a tiring in-person interview with 8 people with very quick 30 minute rounds

phone calls left me with a positive impression, but the in-person interview did not...2-3 of my interviewers were not very friendly. while they kept reiterating that this was a junior level position, the questions and degree to which they grilled me did not reflect that. be prepared to take a written SQL test, to have little explanation on it, and then to have it graded in front of you. style of the interview was a lot more like an interrogation and not a conversation. they did not leave me with much time to ask them questions. honestly, i wasn't left with a huge desire to work for them after this, but i probably still would've taken an offer due to the $$

if they don't like you, don't expect any correspondence afterwards, not even an automated rejection letter. they mentioned that they have been recruiting for this position for a long time...good luck to them, seems like they are extremely picky for an entry level role.

Interview Questions

• give an example of when you led a data-driven business decision with a huge impact, walk me through the process of what exact databases you used and how you set up a query to reach your answer, etc.   Answer Question

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Experian (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Phone screening was a 20-30 minute non-technical discussion with the tech. lead. Then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview.

The interview was dated and odd. It consisted of a revolving door of individuals and groups asking questions, and requesting various simple code exercises be drawn out on a whiteboard with a dry-erase marker.

The position was actually misrepresented. They advertised a need for a Front-end Developer. The questions, however, were for a full stack developer (very heavy on the SQL questions, also a large number of C# questions). The questions seemed to have no practical use in the real world.

Interview Questions

• You have a SQL table with 1 column, 100 rows. The value of row 1 is 1, row 2 is 2, etc. Write a query to output the date from the first day of the month to the last.   Answer Question
    • If a web page is slow, what steps would you take to optimize it?   Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website and got an interview request two days before the interview. It was business professional dress and the questions were pretty simple and self-explanatory.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three executives. First was indifferent and appeared as if he did not want to be there. Second was confusing and hard to build rapport with. The reason why this interview was not entirely negative was because the third executive was very kind and appeared to actually want to get to know me, rather than quiz me or get in my head. Weird experience overall - however, a valuable learning experience as well...

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Experian?   1 Answer

Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Combination technical questions and behavioral interview. They dont try and trip you up. Straight forward, if you are a professional and know your stuff, this was an enjoyable talk.

Interview Questions

• No question were out of the ordinary. Just know your skills.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Four questionnaires (attitude, personality, numerical and verbal), three telephone interviews and one panel interview in person. I had great telephone conversations with the hiring manager, senior sales person and hr. I created a executive presentation, personal presentation and a first 90 days presentation. Everything felt very good. HR called me back and told me that they expected to make me an offer but that was not the case. Sad.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

There were interviews over a total of 2 days. The first day was with the entire team split up in groups or 2-3. If you pass the first round of interviews then they invite you back for a second interview. The second day was with the management team. The interview process is very fast. The whole process took about 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a really hard problem and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

They seem to have a lot of turnover, have trouble making decisions as a group and don't want to change their outdated ways. They seem VERY lost with too many changes in direction from senior leadership. Beware.