Experian Marketing Services Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Experian Marketing Services Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews + 1 in-person. Made it through 2nd phone interview. Was contacted by recruiter.
    First interview was fair in regards to expectation and culture vette.
    Second interview was difficult. Understood half of what that interviewer was saying as his English wasn't so great.

Interview Questions

• Write a algorithm that takes a list of prices and finds the largest spread among the value.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Three interviews + drug test. All standard stuff - no stupid questions. In phone, on person, mock demo, the usual. Wear a nice suit, do some research and kill it.

Email Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

applied online process took one week, first you take a html and sql type test this takes about a hours. Then you are taken to a room where you interview with two people at one time they ask basic questions tell me about yourself, etc. In all if you can speak well about email metrics you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• difference between radio button and check box   1 Answer
    • what do you know about experian   1 Answer
    • how would your measure an emails success   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I received an email from the HR recruiter and later had a screening call with her. She told me she was going to have someone contact me to set up on site interviews. A couple days later I got an email with the interview schedule. The schedule had 4 half hour interviews and a 1.5 hr test. I arrived early and waited in the lobby. I then meet with the first 4 people. Questions asked:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why Cheetahmail?
    Why did you leave your last job?
    What would you do if you could do anything?
    Tell about your strengthens and weaknesses?
    Tell me about a project you managed.
    How do you stay organized?
    What do you do if you've made a mistake?

Then they talked a lot of Cheetahmail, what kind of culture it is, etc. After the first 4 people I was surprised to speak with 2 more people. Finally I took the test.

Test was 2 parts, HTML and logic test. It is not a straight forward SQL test, but knowing SQL helps. HTML questions were about tables, formatting (bold, underline, italic, color), hyperlinks, image links, inputs. The logic test also asked about data normalization. They gave 3 sets of data and asked what observations do you make. You dont actually have to normalize it, but make comments of the inconsistencies and what you would change.

The day after my interview the HR person called and asked how I felt the interview went and if I was interviewing with anyone else. A few hours later a got another call extending the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a radio button and a check box?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between <br>,   and <p>.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a mess. They emailed me a schedule, then emailed again a day before the interview to change the time. On the day of the interview, they switched the schedule and interviewers around on me and also switched me in and out of different meeting rooms on different floors.

I met with 6 people in total. The first 2 were unprofessional and rude. They acted like they were recently out of college and this was their first job. They made completely erroneous assumptions about me and told me my personality was not a good fit based on these erroneous assumptions. At that point, I was wondering if I should just call it quits since it did not seem like a place I wanted to work at. Fortunately, the following interviews were more professional--conducted by people who had actual professional experience.

After the interviews, I took the HTML and query logic tests. They left me in the reception area, where it was difficult to concentrate because of the chatter--there were 3 people eating and preparing something or other. They all left for the day shortly before I finished. I sat around for 10-15 minutes until I could flag down a random employee who was entering. She was nice enough to grab an HR person so that I could submit my tests.

The tests themselves were pretty easy. The query logic test would have been easier if it had been a straight SQL test. Their fake language could have been designed better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to get someone to complete a task they didn't want to. How did you accomplish this?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I had phone interview a by 2 people, then an in person interview by the same two people. Offer was made within a week to 10 days of these interviews. I was asked about my qualifications and my flexibility of work hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact w/senior leaders?   1 Answer

Email Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a very long process which lasted more than 2 months. They kept interviewing me over the phone (about 3 times) from NY. Then I had at least one round of tests and a 1:1 in Costa Rica.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff such as:
      - Why should we hire you?
      - Why do you think you're the right person for this position?
      - Please explain your past work experience.
      - Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, so I was contacted shortly after to schedule an in-person interview. Upon getting to the interview I was asked to take a logic and html test before interviewing with anyone. I then met with a few managers who had opening on their teams. I received an offer within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a work experience/task that did not go as planned and explain how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR/Recruiter, then an in person interview with about 3-4 teams (2 interviews per team) about a week later (before the interviews had to take a written test which consisted of a combination of basic HTML questions and database logic questions)

Interview Questions

• On the written test: write a query using the data set (e.g. where city is New York or LA and gender is female)   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR called with an offer, I counter negotiated, HR said they would call me back. About a day later, same HR person called to bump up offer (although not as high as my counter offer).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR and set up interview with 2 teams. Culture seems pretty laid back. Managers like to drink with their clients.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were terribly difficult. If you can speak intelligently about Email, you're in.   Answer Question