Experian Marketing Services Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an interview through a recruiter I met at a career fair in NYC. I had an interview with 4 individuals. One project manager, one team manager, one senior manager, & one developer. Hardly any technical questions. I think that they were supposed to give me a technical written test, but it was forgotten. I almost didn't accept the job because the interview process was so poor. The recruiter was also very pushy & it was clear he was only interested in his commission rather than in my best interests.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my future career plans. Not a big deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a $5k salary increase, but this was still far below market value. I accepted because I thought the corporate culture would match my personality, which it did/does. The recruiter told me that with my skills, I should be earning $85-95k per year. This job offered me $75k. I was only able to negotiate up to $80k, the reason being that my salary should be on par with other members of the team.