Experian Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

10 questions on oops concepts and sql concepts where same level of interview difficulty is same for anyone from junior level to senior level. Be prepared to answer personal skills questions too.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance can be stopped or not?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very informal and want people to be available in short notice. They are looking for somebody with a non-IT major for an IT position. Looks like they are confused or they are just wasting time or are biased towards hiring.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite things?
      How will you commute?   1 Answer

Email Marketing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

These people are completely unprofessional. I showed up to my interview and was handed the exam. I had barely finished the first question when the receptionist informed me that my meeting with the department managers had been canceled. She said that they had sent an email. I checked my phone and had not received said email. I politely let her know that I never got it and asked if she knew whether they wanted to reschedule or had decided not to continue the process. She told me she wasn't sure and I'd need to reach out to whoever I was in contact with to ask about rescheduling. I wasn't even allowed to finish the exam despite the fact that I took time out of my day to come down. She didn't even bother to \apologize let alone try to find out more information or re-send the email. This was one of the worst examples of customer service I've ever seen and complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Format this sentence in HTML with underlined and italicized words.   Answer Question

Creative Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The manager was nice and casual when it was time for the interview. She demonstrated her knowledge of the company, and she explained what type of a role I will be doing as a creative marketer. The questions were simple, and there wasn't really a right or wrong answer. It was more about presenting what I could do as a creative marketer. Afterwards, she showed me around the area.

A few days later, I had to do a follow up phone interview, and it was more or less the same questions and explanations as the manager. Again, the phone interview went smoothly, and a few days later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was not a full time employee but a consultant and at the start made it a point to tell me he had a lot of interviews today and he may not be able to cover everything. He then proceeded ask a number of technical questions which I had no problem answering (even though I was told this was a purely management roll). When I tried to talk about managing a team and also budgets and strategy interviewer quickly changed back to technical in an almost condescending way. It reminded me of when engineers get into it about how to design a network and ego's come into to play of "well I know more then you do". I found the interviewer very unprofessional especially when I mentioned I had looked him up on Linked In and he proceeded to Bash his previous employer. After about 25 min I was asked if I had questions so I asked how quickly were they looking to move? Answer "I have been interviewing folks for two months now and well you really don't have the technical skill set were looking for but I'll let HR know about our interview". My next question "Is this a Director roll or a Sr. Engineer role"? Answer well you need to be both, (see next questions below) and this is coming from a consultant! Impression I received was this person doesn't want any one hired so they can keep billing and the actual hiring manager /HR is to busy to see the forest for the tree's. I have retracted my application so even if an offer is made I will turn it down.

Interview Questions

• P1 - Do you think you have the skill set to challenge a network engineer?   1 Answer
    • Q: Can you configure, trouble shoot and repair servers your self ?   1 Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume via experian career site, later contacted by a HR rep about 2-3 weeks later. Conversation went well and I was later told the next day I was selected for a in person. I interviewed with the manager of the department and another member of the team. It went really smooth and conversation was pleasant. During the interview I was told I would definitely be getting a email with the details on the next round which was a case study. It was a very easy case study profiling a brands audience. Very easy if you dealt with consumer insights data before. After submitting case study I was told I would need to do another onsite and do a presentation based on the case study I submitted. Was super easy, met with the same 2 people prior and another new person who was on call. They asked questions here and there and provided great feedback but overall I was told I did a good job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more so about past experience and if I was familiar with their consumer data systems. Also asked what kind of clients I dealt with in the past and how many clients did I have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy, did not have to deal with back fourth. I got what I asked for I should have pushed for more, but thats ok with the bonus in place it makes for higher pay than my last job.

Email Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

applied online process took one week, first you take a html and sql type test this takes about a hours. Then you are taken to a room where you interview with two people at one time they ask basic questions tell me about yourself, etc. In all if you can speak well about email metrics you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• difference between radio button and check box   1 Answer
    • what do you know about experian   1 Answer
    • how would your measure an emails success   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR/Recruiter, then an in person interview with about 3-4 teams (2 interviews per team) about a week later (before the interviews had to take a written test which consisted of a combination of basic HTML questions and database logic questions)

Interview Questions

• On the written test: write a query using the data set (e.g. where city is New York or LA and gender is female)   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR called with an offer, I counter negotiated, HR said they would call me back. About a day later, same HR person called to bump up offer (although not as high as my counter offer).

Email Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a very long process which lasted more than 2 months. They kept interviewing me over the phone (about 3 times) from NY. Then I had at least one round of tests and a 1:1 in Costa Rica.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff such as:
      - Why should we hire you?
      - Why do you think you're the right person for this position?
      - Please explain your past work experience.
      - Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Before the in-person interview there was a telephone screening with the Talent Manager. The conversation lasted about 30 mins with basic questions to make sure I wasn't crazy. After the phone screening I was invited to come in to the office to speak to a few people for the interview. I met with about 5 different team managers. Many of the questions they asked overlapped like, "Tell me about yourself?" and "What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?"