Experian Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was not a full time employee but a consultant and at the start made it a point to tell me he had a lot of interviews today and he may not be able to cover everything. He then proceeded ask a number of technical questions which I had no problem answering (even though I was told this was a purely management roll). When I tried to talk about managing a team and also budgets and strategy interviewer quickly changed back to technical in an almost condescending way. It reminded me of when engineers get into it about how to design a network and ego's come into to play of "well I know more then you do". I found the interviewer very unprofessional especially when I mentioned I had looked him up on Linked In and he proceeded to Bash his previous employer. After about 25 min I was asked if I had questions so I asked how quickly were they looking to move? Answer "I have been interviewing folks for two months now and well you really don't have the technical skill set were looking for but I'll let HR know about our interview". My next question "Is this a Director roll or a Sr. Engineer role"? Answer well you need to be both, (see next questions below) and this is coming from a consultant! Impression I received was this person doesn't want any one hired so they can keep billing and the actual hiring manager /HR is to busy to see the forest for the tree's. I have retracted my application so even if an offer is made I will turn it down.

Interview Questions

• P1 - Do you think you have the skill set to challenge a network engineer?   1 Answer
    • Q: Can you configure, trouble shoot and repair servers your self ?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews + 1 in-person. Made it through 2nd phone interview. Was contacted by recruiter.
    First interview was fair in regards to expectation and culture vette.
    Second interview was difficult. Understood half of what that interviewer was saying as his English wasn't so great.

Interview Questions

• Write a algorithm that takes a list of prices and finds the largest spread among the value.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Three interviews + drug test. All standard stuff - no stupid questions. In phone, on person, mock demo, the usual. Wear a nice suit, do some research and kill it.

Email Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

applied online process took one week, first you take a html and sql type test this takes about a hours. Then you are taken to a room where you interview with two people at one time they ask basic questions tell me about yourself, etc. In all if you can speak well about email metrics you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• difference between radio button and check box   1 Answer
    • what do you know about experian   1 Answer
    • how would your measure an emails success   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I received an email from the HR recruiter and later had a screening call with her. She told me she was going to have someone contact me to set up on site interviews. A couple days later I got an email with the interview schedule. The schedule had 4 half hour interviews and a 1.5 hr test. I arrived early and waited in the lobby. I then meet with the first 4 people. Questions asked:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why Cheetahmail?
    Why did you leave your last job?
    What would you do if you could do anything?
    Tell about your strengthens and weaknesses?
    Tell me about a project you managed.
    How do you stay organized?
    What do you do if you've made a mistake?

Then they talked a lot of Cheetahmail, what kind of culture it is, etc. After the first 4 people I was surprised to speak with 2 more people. Finally I took the test.

Test was 2 parts, HTML and logic test. It is not a straight forward SQL test, but knowing SQL helps. HTML questions were about tables, formatting (bold, underline, italic, color), hyperlinks, image links, inputs. The logic test also asked about data normalization. They gave 3 sets of data and asked what observations do you make. You dont actually have to normalize it, but make comments of the inconsistencies and what you would change.

The day after my interview the HR person called and asked how I felt the interview went and if I was interviewing with anyone else. A few hours later a got another call extending the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a radio button and a check box?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between <br>,   and <p>.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a mess. They emailed me a schedule, then emailed again a day before the interview to change the time. On the day of the interview, they switched the schedule and interviewers around on me and also switched me in and out of different meeting rooms on different floors.

I met with 6 people in total. The first 2 were unprofessional and rude. They acted like they were recently out of college and this was their first job. They made completely erroneous assumptions about me and told me my personality was not a good fit based on these erroneous assumptions. At that point, I was wondering if I should just call it quits since it did not seem like a place I wanted to work at. Fortunately, the following interviews were more professional--conducted by people who had actual professional experience.

After the interviews, I took the HTML and query logic tests. They left me in the reception area, where it was difficult to concentrate because of the chatter--there were 3 people eating and preparing something or other. They all left for the day shortly before I finished. I sat around for 10-15 minutes until I could flag down a random employee who was entering. She was nice enough to grab an HR person so that I could submit my tests.

The tests themselves were pretty easy. The query logic test would have been easier if it had been a straight SQL test. Their fake language could have been designed better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to get someone to complete a task they didn't want to. How did you accomplish this?   1 Answer

Staffing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Worst interview process I've ever seen, none of them understood the importance of candidate experience. They all looked overworked and burned out. Many of their questions revolved around dealing with irate and hard to handle internal clients. Manager didn't even have the courtesy to get back to me after coming in for several in-person interviews.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

10 questions on oops concepts and sql concepts where same level of interview difficulty is same for anyone from junior level to senior level. Be prepared to answer personal skills questions too.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance can be stopped or not?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was typical. They call you and gauge how well you would fit in the company. That was followed by an in-person interview where I had to take a basic test on logic and coding. Afterwards, I met with various Account team managers and directors to see which team needed me the most and which ones I would sync with.

Interview Questions

• Issues you have had previously, how did you handle it and make it a positive?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I had phone interview a by 2 people, then an in person interview by the same two people. Offer was made within a week to 10 days of these interviews. I was asked about my qualifications and my flexibility of work hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact w/senior leaders?   1 Answer