Experian Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Email Marketing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

These people are completely unprofessional. I showed up to my interview and was handed the exam. I had barely finished the first question when the receptionist informed me that my meeting with the department managers had been canceled. She said that they had sent an email. I checked my phone and had not received said email. I politely let her know that I never got it and asked if she knew whether they wanted to reschedule or had decided not to continue the process. She told me she wasn't sure and I'd need to reach out to whoever I was in contact with to ask about rescheduling. I wasn't even allowed to finish the exam despite the fact that I took time out of my day to come down. She didn't even bother to \apologize let alone try to find out more information or re-send the email. This was one of the worst examples of customer service I've ever seen and complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Format this sentence in HTML with underlined and italicized words.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Experian (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Not a exaggeration, but this is the worst interview I have ever been on. Location: Jersey City, NJ "called the NY office" as they can't afford rent in Manhattan. My first recommendation would be don't take the interview & don't work here. It started when the recruiter first complained about me being 5 months unemployed, saying 3 months is our maximum. The recruiter told me the secret to getting the job is asking educated questions- he whispered when he said that. Nevertheless, he pushed me through to the Regional Manager (the one who does the in person interviews) he is was very rude and walked out of the interview after reading what he already knew to be true I have been unemployed for five months. He said, "That's just too long to be unemployed, you won't last here" and then he left the room and stood outside the door. I said okay after he left the room and saw him standing outside the door and just said nothing.

Interview Questions

• Regional Manager of Jersey City walking out of the room, and not allowing me to even asking any question. His most unexpected question, " Why have you been unemployed for five months?" He made it sound like a disease.   1 Answer
    • Do you have to work here? What I mean is, we are looking for people that need to work here and don't have a lot of other choices that will mean they will last longer in tenure here.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an interview through a recruiter I met at a career fair in NYC. I had an interview with 4 individuals. One project manager, one team manager, one senior manager, & one developer. Hardly any technical questions. I think that they were supposed to give me a technical written test, but it was forgotten. I almost didn't accept the job because the interview process was so poor. The recruiter was also very pushy & it was clear he was only interested in his commission rather than in my best interests.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my future career plans. Not a big deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a $5k salary increase, but this was still far below market value. I accepted because I thought the corporate culture would match my personality, which it did/does. The recruiter told me that with my skills, I should be earning $85-95k per year. This job offered me $75k. I was only able to negotiate up to $80k, the reason being that my salary should be on par with other members of the team.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very informal and want people to be available in short notice. They are looking for somebody with a non-IT major for an IT position. Looks like they are confused or they are just wasting time or are biased towards hiring.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite things?
      How will you commute?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by their recruiter on a Monday and was asked basic questions on my background and goals. That Wednesday, I went in for an in-person interview where I took 2 paper-and-pen tests, 1 on HTML and 1 on database logic. I then met 1:1 with 5 different people at different levels and were asked typical interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, background, and experience. They were all very friendly and seemed to be really looking for if you're good at multitasking, have strong organization skills, and have dealt with customers/people before. Later that Friday, I had a phone interview with the Director of the department and afterwards HR made their offer. Seemed really quick! BTW, they take their background check/drug test very seriously and have rejected people if they failed either of these.

Interview Questions

• HTML test consisted of basic code questions such as giving you a sentence formatted in different boldness,italics, alignment, and hyperlinks, and you would need to hand-write the HTML to format that exact sentence. Also be familiar with recognizing code for tables and buttons.   Answer Question
    • Database logic test requires you to write out database queries based on criteria they give you. They aren't in straight SQL format but follows same query logic. Pretty simple.   Answer Question

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Longer than average interview process but will be done in 2-3 rounds at most. Allocate at least 2-3 hours per interview session.

You will meet a lot of people in the team you will be working in and be interviewed by your peers as well as managers and senior leadership.

Casual interview, don't always ask typical boring interview questions. I enjoyed meeting everyone during my interview process.

You will complete a basic HTML and Segmentation logic test (simpler than writting SQL queries). If you have logic, this will be a no brainer.

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I was flown to LA and traveled to Costa Mesa only to learn that the SVP was on vacation. I ended up being interviewed by others and changed hotesl and ultimately met that executive at the airport moments before my flight the next morning.

Interview Questions

• nothing that difficult was asked. Made to recount other scenarios where I had similar or relevant job experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

175k base with 75k bonus company paid lease on a luxury car - all very nice

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume via experian career site, later contacted by a HR rep about 2-3 weeks later. Conversation went well and I was later told the next day I was selected for a in person. I interviewed with the manager of the department and another member of the team. It went really smooth and conversation was pleasant. During the interview I was told I would definitely be getting a email with the details on the next round which was a case study. It was a very easy case study profiling a brands audience. Very easy if you dealt with consumer insights data before. After submitting case study I was told I would need to do another onsite and do a presentation based on the case study I submitted. Was super easy, met with the same 2 people prior and another new person who was on call. They asked questions here and there and provided great feedback but overall I was told I did a good job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more so about past experience and if I was familiar with their consumer data systems. Also asked what kind of clients I dealt with in the past and how many clients did I have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy, did not have to deal with back fourth. I got what I asked for I should have pushed for more, but thats ok with the bonus in place it makes for higher pay than my last job.

Creative Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The manager was nice and casual when it was time for the interview. She demonstrated her knowledge of the company, and she explained what type of a role I will be doing as a creative marketer. The questions were simple, and there wasn't really a right or wrong answer. It was more about presenting what I could do as a creative marketer. Afterwards, she showed me around the area.

A few days later, I had to do a follow up phone interview, and it was more or less the same questions and explanations as the manager. Again, the phone interview went smoothly, and a few days later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Before the in-person interview there was a telephone screening with the Talent Manager. The conversation lasted about 30 mins with basic questions to make sure I wasn't crazy. After the phone screening I was invited to come in to the office to speak to a few people for the interview. I met with about 5 different team managers. Many of the questions they asked overlapped like, "Tell me about yourself?" and "What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?"