Experian Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Experian Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was typical. They call you and gauge how well you would fit in the company. That was followed by an in-person interview where I had to take a basic test on logic and coding. Afterwards, I met with various Account team managers and directors to see which team needed me the most and which ones I would sync with.

Interview Questions

• Issues you have had previously, how did you handle it and make it a positive?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I had phone interview a by 2 people, then an in person interview by the same two people. Offer was made within a week to 10 days of these interviews. I was asked about my qualifications and my flexibility of work hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact w/senior leaders?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an interview through a recruiter I met at a career fair in NYC. I had an interview with 4 individuals. One project manager, one team manager, one senior manager, & one developer. Hardly any technical questions. I think that they were supposed to give me a technical written test, but it was forgotten. I almost didn't accept the job because the interview process was so poor. The recruiter was also very pushy & it was clear he was only interested in his commission rather than in my best interests.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my future career plans. Not a big deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a $5k salary increase, but this was still far below market value. I accepted because I thought the corporate culture would match my personality, which it did/does. The recruiter told me that with my skills, I should be earning $85-95k per year. This job offered me $75k. I was only able to negotiate up to $80k, the reason being that my salary should be on par with other members of the team.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews + 1 in-person. Made it through 2nd phone interview. Was contacted by recruiter.
    First interview was fair in regards to expectation and culture vette.
    Second interview was difficult. Understood half of what that interviewer was saying as his English wasn't so great.

Interview Questions

• Write a algorithm that takes a list of prices and finds the largest spread among the value.   Answer Question

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a 4 hour interview in one sitting. Started work within a few days.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR and set up interview with 2 teams. Culture seems pretty laid back. Managers like to drink with their clients.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were terribly difficult. If you can speak intelligently about Email, you're in.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by phone by a Hiring Manager and she conducted a phone interview. Shortly after I was contacted by email to set up and in-person 3 hour interview. At the interview I took and HTML & Data Query test which was not hard at all. I also interviewed with 6 different people who were pleasant and asked general questions about my experience and where do I see myself in 5 years. I was a little hesitant about the interview process because there are a lot of steps but in the end deft worth it.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem with a colleague, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I received an email from the HR recruiter and later had a screening call with her. She told me she was going to have someone contact me to set up on site interviews. A couple days later I got an email with the interview schedule. The schedule had 4 half hour interviews and a 1.5 hr test. I arrived early and waited in the lobby. I then meet with the first 4 people. Questions asked:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why Cheetahmail?
    Why did you leave your last job?
    What would you do if you could do anything?
    Tell about your strengthens and weaknesses?
    Tell me about a project you managed.
    How do you stay organized?
    What do you do if you've made a mistake?

Then they talked a lot of Cheetahmail, what kind of culture it is, etc. After the first 4 people I was surprised to speak with 2 more people. Finally I took the test.

Test was 2 parts, HTML and logic test. It is not a straight forward SQL test, but knowing SQL helps. HTML questions were about tables, formatting (bold, underline, italic, color), hyperlinks, image links, inputs. The logic test also asked about data normalization. They gave 3 sets of data and asked what observations do you make. You dont actually have to normalize it, but make comments of the inconsistencies and what you would change.

The day after my interview the HR person called and asked how I felt the interview went and if I was interviewing with anyone else. A few hours later a got another call extending the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a radio button and a check box?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between <br>,   and <p>.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Experian (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Not a exaggeration, but this is the worst interview I have ever been on. Location: Jersey City, NJ "called the NY office" as they can't afford rent in Manhattan. My first recommendation would be don't take the interview & don't work here. It started when the recruiter first complained about me being 5 months unemployed, saying 3 months is our maximum. The recruiter told me the secret to getting the job is asking educated questions- he whispered when he said that. Nevertheless, he pushed me through to the Regional Manager (the one who does the in person interviews) he is was very rude and walked out of the interview after reading what he already knew to be true I have been unemployed for five months. He said, "That's just too long to be unemployed, you won't last here" and then he left the room and stood outside the door. I said okay after he left the room and saw him standing outside the door and just said nothing.

Interview Questions

• Regional Manager of Jersey City walking out of the room, and not allowing me to even asking any question. His most unexpected question, " Why have you been unemployed for five months?" He made it sound like a disease.   1 Answer
    • Do you have to work here? What I mean is, we are looking for people that need to work here and don't have a lot of other choices that will mean they will last longer in tenure here.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Call from Recruiter. Call from CheetahMail. Setup interview to go in. Was required to do a test in SQL and HTML (check other reviewers for exact questions). Got there at 10am. Took test in lobby while other people chatted and some guys who worked their jerked around. Was left in lobby area till 12pm. Then brought in for interview. Met with 7 people over 3.5 hour period. Left feeling confident. Was called the next day and let know I didn't get the job.

Although everyone was pleasant and nice enough, the interview was exhausting after awhile as the multiple teams asked the same questions ove and over, typical interview questions. Felt like I was getting picked for a recess kickball team, as Team 1 had 3 people that interviewed me and Team 2 had 4 people that interviewed me, 1 by 1, never in any particular order.

1 Employee who interviewed me had worked their for no more then 3 weeks. She was younger then me and seem more inexperienced then me.

Overall, kinda a waste of time on my part, and really crazy for them to take 7 employees and do this to them for a candidate they thought was not qualified or whatever. If I wasn't an acceptable candidate why the cycle of interviews?

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions are the SQL test questions, which are not hard, but take some concentration, and are hard to figure out when there is so much activity around you. You can probably cheat though as no one is watching you.   Answer Question