Experian Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Experian Interview Questions in New York, NY

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

10 questions on oops concepts and sql concepts where same level of interview difficulty is same for anyone from junior level to senior level. Be prepared to answer personal skills questions too.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance can be stopped or not?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very informal and want people to be available in short notice. They are looking for somebody with a non-IT major for an IT position. Looks like they are confused or they are just wasting time or are biased towards hiring.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite things?
      How will you commute?
      1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was not a full time employee but a consultant and at the start made it a point to tell me he had a lot of interviews today and he may not be able to cover everything. He then proceeded ask a number of technical questions which I had no problem answering (even though I was told this was a purely management roll). When I tried to talk about managing a team and also budgets and strategy interviewer quickly changed back to technical in an almost condescending way. It reminded me of when engineers get into it about how to design a network and ego's come into to play of "well I know more then you do". I found the interviewer very unprofessional especially when I mentioned I had looked him up on Linked In and he proceeded to Bash his previous employer. After about 25 min I was asked if I had questions so I asked how quickly were they looking to move? Answer "I have been interviewing folks for two months now and well you really don't have the technical skill set were looking for but I'll let HR know about our interview". My next question "Is this a Director roll or a Sr. Engineer role"? Answer well you need to be both, (see next questions below) and this is coming from a consultant! Impression I received was this person doesn't want any one hired so they can keep billing and the actual hiring manager /HR is to busy to see the forest for the tree's. I have retracted my application so even if an offer is made I will turn it down.

Interview Questions

• P1 - Do you think you have the skill set to challenge a network engineer?   1 Answer
    • Q: Can you configure, trouble shoot and repair servers your self ?   1 Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was typical. They call you and gauge how well you would fit in the company. That was followed by an in-person interview where I had to take a basic test on logic and coding. Afterwards, I met with various Account team managers and directors to see which team needed me the most and which ones I would sync with.

Interview Questions

• Issues you have had previously, how did you handle it and make it a positive?   Answer Question

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I was flown to LA and traveled to Costa Mesa only to learn that the SVP was on vacation. I ended up being interviewed by others and changed hotesl and ultimately met that executive at the airport moments before my flight the next morning.

Interview Questions

• nothing that difficult was asked. Made to recount other scenarios where I had similar or relevant job experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

175k base with 75k bonus company paid lease on a luxury car - all very nice

Staffing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Worst interview process I've ever seen, none of them understood the importance of candidate experience. They all looked overworked and burned out. Many of their questions revolved around dealing with irate and hard to handle internal clients. Manager didn't even have the courtesy to get back to me after coming in for several in-person interviews.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

I was sourced on-line (my application came through linkedin.com). The central recruiting team in Costa Mesa, California gave me an initial phone interview. Once I had that screen, I was passed along to the local hiring manager in person. From there I was contacted again by the recruiter in California to have subsequent one to one interviews in person and on the phone. After four additional interviews I was given a verbal offer over the phone and then recived my offer on paper the next day. Overall the process was straight-forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate a bit, but dod not get too far with this.