Experian Interview Questions in Nottingham, England | Glassdoor

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

before you get to interview you have to apply using their unfunctional website which puts you off it in a lot of ways which is very disappointing, to say the least

Interview Questions

• the process I am still going through just wanted to say how useless the website was and how annoying a big company can't sort this problem out as this is the first stage of the process and kinda puts you off the job   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two chaps from the Product department, they must have asked me like 100 questions... They exhausted the question on their interview template and started asking a lot of other questions. Kind of taking keywords from my answer and turn it to questions. The whole questioning process lasted over 1hr before I was given the opportunity to ask my own question which they also hijacked in asking further question.
    I later found out that I was actually a wrong match for the role they were recruiting for, I asked if they actually went through my CV before wasting my time to come for a useless interview session.

Interview Questions

• How you have analysed data in the past   1 Answer

Delivery Manager - Small Change Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview, went ok I thought. Was told they would get back to me within a few days if I had got to the next stage. Assuming I haven't, as still not heard anything. Contacted the lead HR person who I had been speaking to for feedback and I've not had a reply, chased again recently, but again I'm being ignored!! Would be helpful to get feedback, my experience of interviews with Experian has been terrible. They no respect for people who take time out of their day to day job to go to an interview at all. My advice would be to go review your processes from start to finish and look at what you are doing wrong.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. I applied online and was contacted by HR that asked several questions regarding my CV and qualifications. I was then invited to a face to face interview.

The interview was awful, cold and uncomfortable. I was interviewed by a Programme Director and Head of PMO. I felt the interview questions were unstructured, asking a lot of questions around their current issues on the Programme and felt there was a high expectation to have knowledge and insights of their current problems. Unless I have worked with this company before, it was difficult to actually know the exact issues they were current facing. When I tried to provide them an answer, they quickly pointed out I was wrong with my answer and proceed to tell me the correct answer. I found this quite strange and off-putting. I was also asked random questions that had no linked to the current discussions such as "Do you think PMO can make the decision to close down projects". I wanted to laugh at this point and was thinking, are you seriously asking me this?

On balance, because of how the interview was poorly conducted, I did not demonstrated enough examples as I just gave up as it was pretty obvious after 10 mins, I was not going to get the role. I did not bother following up with HR until I saw an agency advertising the role at a much lower salary than my expectations. HR confirmed I was unsuccessful via email but offered no feedback. I asked for feedback and was told "I did not demonstrate enough practical experience of working across multiple geographic locations or experience of working with IT Vendors". This was never specified in the job role as a specific requirement. If they did along with the low salary offering, I would have never applied. Waste of time.

I wanted to feedback and tell them to at least make the candidate feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Do you think PMO have the authority to make decisions on closing a project.   Answer Question

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Formal but friendly. Introduced themselves, took me to a meeting room. Asked questions around my past and experience Followed by giving them examples. Followed by any questions I would like to ask them, they gave initial feedback on my answers which gave a good setting for how I was doing.

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of a time you had to give someone bad news"   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Lengthy and wasteful. Often a telephone interview followed by 2-3 face to face interviews and a presentation. Often an agency will contact you first and do a pre-screening too.

Additionally, the roles didn't actually exist even though they were advertised. They were either withdrawn after a 3 month wait or they had an internal candidate already in post.

Experian are a disgrace and their recruitment conveniently never reply to calls or emails.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call on Wednesday 09/12/2015 saying that they would like to give me a telephone interview on Friday 11/12/2015 and if I passed that initial interview I would be asked to attend an assessment on the same day at 2.00pm which I thought ok. Come the Friday morning I had the phone call and that went ok and was asked to attend the afternoon assessment which involved a team building exercise than an interview I was told on the phone that I would be sent an email with a pdf attachment of interview questions to help me to prepare I came off the phone at 11.15 and started to get ready for the interview I kept continuously checking my emails, I then rang Experian back at 12.20 to which I got voice mail so I left a message asking them if they could send me the email as I had not received it, I had presumed they were on their lunch. I finally received the email at 1.00pm as I was leaving for the interview which I then could not prepare myself as much as I would like. I went to the interview and completed it all. On Monday 14/12/2015 I received a phone call back asking how I felt about the interview I explained I thought I done really well in the team building exercise but on the interview not so well they said that they agreed on that and would not be offering me a job. I feel like that they rushed everything with me and if I had a day at least to prepare myself not a couple of hours which was not the case as it took them over an hour and half to send me a document.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you could have changed the outcome?   Answer Question

Strategic Client Director (S) Banking Or Insurance There Were Two Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Deeply disappointing - I had been very excited about this and The process was supposed to be a one hour interview with 3 Senior staff one was very good, one a no show and another' although I accept his apology. still only made it for 15 minutes I have since been told that the no show rejected me on the basis of my CV - so why was he ever going to be there and/or why was I told he would be there?

The interview was scheduled for 8.00 a.m so from Bristol necessitated an overnight stay so for me a big investment both time and travel wise. When subsequently contacted by Experian I was asked how I felt it had gone and said, in my view, well only been told they weren't proceeding. An interesting approach! I then asked for some insight form the no show as to where my CV was weaker and was told I would get that - in the event the only feedback was that other candidates CVs were stronger

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was competence based. present was the programs director and another project manager. There was a run through my CV and experience.
    I felt that I did answer the question alright at least the deposition of the interviewers suggested so,
    I got back to me that they had another candidate with a strong experience of their requirements

Interview Questions

• Run us through one of your projects that you managed   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian (Nottingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very cold non approachable didn't make you feel at ease so couldn't do your best
    An hour long didn't really ask about skills
    Questions weren't suited to the role applied for