Experis Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2016

3.3

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Experis (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Experis talked to me a little to discover my interests in availability. We talked a bit about my technical background. I had a fairly long telephone conversation with the hiring manager. He was mostly interested in my technical background and particularly in my interest in learning new things. Then we did an in-person interview that was mostly technical. Not much small talk.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to write a function to reverse a string. Since Python is my most recent language, I wrote a one-liner to do that. Then I did it in C complete with tests and test data. The whole thing too about an hour. Within 2 days, I had an offer in hand.   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Experis (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that took an hour to discuss how well I understood the roles and functions prior to starting. Interviewed with 2 Sr. Systems Engineers, both of whom I now consider colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Explain the methods of updating, upgrading and installing software in various linux server environments.   1 Answer

Operations Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Experis (Austin, TX).

Interview

The position requires at least 2 interviews and that you work as a temporary employee for at least 3 months before you will be considered for a full-time position. They ask the standard interview questions--What are your strengths and weaknesses, describe a task you completed that you are proud of, and tell us about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit in this position? What do you do if you are asked to do something that you have no experience in or that is not part of your regular tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will not make an exception to start as a full-time employee. You have to start as a temp (major downfall). Also, be prepared for your hourly wage to decrease when you accept a full-time position. They also make all Operations Professional's non-exempt, but do not allow you to work more than 4 hours OT, and even those hours have to be pre-approved by your manager.