Explore Learning Assistant Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Explore Learning Assistant Tutor Interview Questions

Interviews at Explore Learning

2.0

Assistant Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning in January 2012.

Interview

Handed in a CV, was recommended by someone else so got a response for an interview within 24 hours. Went in for an interview, very relaxed, the staff are very friendly. Asked why I was interested in tutoring and was asked to do some role play - pretend the interviewer is a child and then teach them how to add and subtract fractions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Explore Learning

Assistant Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Explore Learning (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I emailed the centre I wanted to work at directly with my CV and covering letter and the following morning, I got a phone call from one of the managers who asked me a few questions (how I heard about Explore, what previous experience I'd had etc.) and she invited me to an interview. The following week, I went to my interview which was very long (about three hours). They were really friendly and I was being interviewed with one other person (who also got the job). The first half hour consisted of competency based questions around what you liked about Explore Learning, ability to work with children and sales experience. There was then a role play where she pretended to be a child stuck on a question and I had to help her. Then, I had to come up with a fun activity for the children in surf club (the play area), and I had to do a very short and easy grammar and maths test. Once this was over, I had the chance to ask questions I had and then they watched how I interacted with the children in a zone.

Interview Questions

• She wrote 4/5 divided by 3/4 on a piece of paper, and then asked me to coach her through the method (and she pretended to be really frustrated, with no clue how to do it)   1 Answer
    • How would you approach a child who you could see is stuck on a question but didn't ask for help?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a child picking on another child?   Answer Question
    • How would you react to a child who clearly did not want to be in Explore Learning?   Answer Question
    • What previous experience have you had working with children?   Answer Question