Explore Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Explore Learning Interview Questions

Interviews at Explore Learning

2.9

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

After phone interview I was invited to visit the centre for a tour, interview and role play. Everyone was very welcoming and smiling, which put me at ease. The interview was with 2 employees and was fairly thorough. After that was the role play of selling a gym membership, I got 2 attempts to do this, 1 after feedback. The visit to the centre lasted just over an hour.

Interview Questions

Explore Learning Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for leaving feedback about your interview experience. I am pleased everyone was welcoming!

All the best in your search for a suitable career!

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

I personally didn't have a telephone interview. The initial centre interview consisted of a tour around the centre, a selection of fairly standard competency and scenario-based questions, a sales role-play and a chance to meet some of the children. The role play can be nerve wracking but listen to their feedback as you get the opportunity to repeat it, they're more interested in seeing how you can improve! Some of the children are really friendly and some are more shy - just ask them questions and be as enthusiastic and possible.

I received a call the next day inviting me to an assessment day at the head office in Guilford. I was nervous initially but the team are all so friendly and make you feel really welcome and relaxed, so try and enjoy the day as much as possible because they really are just trying to get to know you! You have plenty of time in between tasks to get to know the other candidates and the fact you're not in competition means you can exchange tips and you can all work together in the afternoon group activity - again, this task is more about how you work as a team and how well you respond to criticism from the interviewers. The written task is very basic and the interviews themselves are fine as long as you're prepared and enthusiastic. I was most nervous for the role play so chose to do that first so I could relax during my presentation, which I chose to do via PowerPoint. The role play was similar to centre interview, except this time you're trying to sell explore learning rather than an initial gym membership and you only do it once. I didn't book a trial session as I didn't give enough information about how explore learning would benefit the child specifically. Lunch was really nice and a chance to get to know the interviewers - just be yourself while maintaining your professionalism! Overall it's a great experience and I was delighted to be offered a job the next day. Just read through the website, try to enjoy it and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Explore Learning Response

Oct 1, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for leaving a lovely review about your interview experience. It is fantastic that you had such a positive experience and you were offered the role! Congratulations and welcome to the Explore... More

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

It began with a online application and within a few days I was invited to a centre near me. This involved a role play regarding selling a gym membership and basic competency based questions on why you would like to work for Explore Learning.

You will receive a telephone call decalring whether you were successful. You will then be invited to the next assesment centre.

Assesment Centre:
    A simple maths/literacy based test.
    A presentation on 1) Where did you come from? 2)Where are you going? 3)What makes you happy?
    A role play on selling the Explore Learning product.
    A 1:1 interview asking scenario based questions.
    A group exercise in the afternoon.

Essentially, the assessment centre is heavily focused on your sales skills. I was not asked about my experience with children once.

Also make sure you take a lead role in the group exercise, or at least contribute a large part. All the assessors are analysing you whilst this is taking place.

Interview Questions

• A scenario: The finance manager has called the office asking you to send the monthly finance tarrgets ASAP. He urges you on how importance this. Straight after you have received this call, a parent walks in, asking to know more about Explore Learning and whether they can book a trial day. How would you approach this scenario?   1 Answer

Oct 3, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to detail your interviews. I am sorry you felt the experience was a negative one.

We do focus on sales skills during the role play as it is an important part of the... More

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Learning in September 2018.

Interview

Jumped straight in with a centre interview without having a phone interview as some people have reported. The centre interview was nice and nothing to worry about- a little tour and chat with the CD and AD before answering some interview questions. These were really based on what I was already saying or what was relevant to me, just be chatty and don’t get bogged down with worrying what the questions might be!
    Role play: they know you’ll be nervous about this so they do try to be as nice as possible! The main thing is to build rapport and to get to know what they NEED. Don’t be bogged down with blindly ‘selling.’ Get to know them and tailor the chat! But just don’t worry if it doesn’t go perfectly- they aren’t looking for the finished article.

Assessment day:
    I had a LOVELY day! Honestly everyone is lovely from the off set and it’s a very chilled atmosphere, no ones in competition! The presentation is just a conversation starter and nothing to worry about. The interview is a little more difficult and does ask some scenario questions- just stick to your guns and don’t be swayed by the interviewer. Try to bring in your relevant experience and you’ll be fine.
    Maths and English test; super easy, don’t worry. Maths wouldn’t be my fav subject but it wasn’t a concern at all!
    Lunch: zizzis!! Lovely chance to chat to everyone
    Group task: this is really short and felt a little odd after lunch. We did the task for 20 mins and then went home which meant we didn’t get to say goodbye to the other half of the group. The task wasn’t my fav bit of the day just because it was hard to know exactly what to do (it was relevant to explore and your role as an AD) but just be confident and you’ll be fine. It’s very much about how you function as a team so be wary of that.

Everyone says the process is really nice and that everyone’s friendly but it’s definitely true! Try to have fun with it because this is definitely one of the nicer interview experiences and really encourages you to be yourself!

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate your team to reach their target before the end of the month?   Answer Question

Oct 9, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your feedback - it's great that you had a lovely day! Congratulations for being offered the job and welcome to the Explore family.

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

From start to finish my experience with Explore's interview process was very much positive. I first applied online directly through Explore Learning's website, answering questions as to why I suited the role of Assistant Director and what I could bring to the company. A few days later I was invited to visit a local centre which was very convenient, where I was shown around before having a one-to-one interview. I was also asked to partake in a role play where my task was to sell a gym membership to a passer-by or at least, secure a free trial session. I was notified of the outcome of the centre visit the very next day. Having been successful, I was then invited to the assessment centre day in Guildford. While traveling to Guildford was a little inconvenient, I honestly enjoyed the day itself. The staff were very friendly and put us all at ease instantly and breaks in between each of the activities gave time to chat to the other candidates. The day consisted of another one-to-one interview, a role play, a numeracy and literacy task, a presentation and a group activity. Before the assessment centre you are emailed an itinerary of the day which means that you can prepare well in advance which helps. I was again notified of the outcome the very next day! Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Explore Learning Response

Aug 20, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for reviewing your experience of applying to work at Explore. I am so pleased you found it positive and were successful during the process. Welcome to the Explore family!

Application

Interview

Initial application form to outline qualifications, skills and experience, followed by two stages of interviews.

First stage takes place in a local centre, giving you a chance to see the centre in action, and consists of an interview and other tasks lasting around an hour.

Second stage is a full assessment day at Head Office in Guildford, again consisting of an interview and tasks similar to the centre interview, followed by a group activity in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• How would the skills you've gained prepare you for the role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a team scenario did not encountered problems, and what did you do to solve this?   Answer Question

Aug 20, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience. I am pleased you had a positive experience, and congratulations on being offered the role - welcome to the Explore family!

Application

Interview

There are three stages to the Explore interview, a quick phone call interview then a centre interview and finally an assessment day. The centre interview really is about getting to the knitty gritty of why you really want to work at Explore learning and what skills you have that would benefit Explore ~ use the answers that you put down in your initial application to support you. Then there is a role play where you are promoting your gym - just make sure you ask lots of questions to find out exactly what the customer wants in a gym and check up on how they’re feeling about your gym/membership etc throughout. You will do this twice providing your self reflection and taking him on board the feedback of the interviewers. Then you’ll get a chance to go and interact with the children which is great fun.
    I found out I was successful the next day and had my assessment day the folllwing week in their Head Office.
    I know everyone says it but really everybody is extremely nice and as your not in competition with the other candidates you really can support one another. My group all went for a drink after the day because we all got on so well. Top tip which I feel like I shouldn’t have to say but it happened at my interview - don’t use your phones during the day if you can and definitely not when the interviewers take you for lunch at Zizzi’s, not only is it rude under normal circumstances but definitely would not recommend doing this when they’re trying to really get to know you. All in all I would get too stressed about it, be yourself, make sure you learn your stuff about the company and you’ll be fine. The maths and English test is absolutely fine and so are the presentations and getting to know you parts of the interview. Role play is nerve wracking but just try to imagine you really are just talking to someone you’ve approached as opposed to an interviewer.

Good luck to everyone and thank you to Explore for such a suportive and relaxing interview environment.

Interview Questions

• If you walked into a centre right now what would you do, how would you go about managing the centre?   Answer Question

Sep 4, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience at Explore. It is great to read you found the experience positive and have accepted a role with us! Welcome to the Explore family!

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning.

Interview

Applied online and was offered a centre interview immediately. The centre interview was well organised, showed the best of what explore had to offer and friendly. Asked standard interview questions such as why explore? what could you offer etc? The Roleplay was rather easy at the centre.

Was invited to an assessment centre, which was not a good experience. Firstly the head office is in Guildford which isn't the easiest of areas to reach and explore offer no help with travel expenses even for people flying from Scotland or NI.

Very quickly it became obvious that this role is not about management but selling, which was not the job I had applied for. The assessment day involved an interview, maths and english text and roleplay. The assessment day timetable overran quite dramatically and therefore the final part which was a roleplay and presentation before lunch was very rushed and therefore extremely offputting and almost rude. Group activity could have been better organised, as teamworking activities don't tend to work too well with 10+ people and leadership very quickly became about who could talk over others the loudest.

Interview Questions

• You have to do a finance report asap but there is a customer outside the centre with a leaflet? What do you do?   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to the centre, but am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the assessment centre. We are able to offer assistance with... More

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Guildford, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

A telephone interview summarising why you want to work for Explore and relative experience you have

As a tutor for the company already, I did not have a centre interview like most candidates.

An assessment day in Guildford broken down into lots of small tasks. A one to one interview very similar to the telephone interview with some scenario questions, a sales role play, a presentation, a maths and english test and a group activity at the end.

Interview Questions

Explore Learning Response

Jul 2, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for reviewing your interview experience – welcome to the Explore Learning family!

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning in June 2018.

Interview

The application process was divided into 3 sections. Firstly there was an online application, this was comprised of uploading your CV and two questions.

Secondly, there was an interview at a centre local to me. During this I had a tour of the centre, a skills based interview, a role play and 15 minutes tutoring some children. The hardest part of this was the role play, but they do understand that it is nerve racking! My advice for this is to just be yourself, Explore aren't just looking for skills but also a friendly and passionate person that fits with their ethos.

Then was the assessment centre. This began with a presentation about the history of the company which was really interesting to learn about. Then I had to perform another role play, which was selling the Explore Learning package. This was the most nerve racking part of the day for everyone there, something which the recruitment staff definitely understood. I also had to present my personal compass, which was outlining a bit more about who I am as a person. I really liked this bit as I felt it said a lot about the company, they are really interested in you as an individual. Then I had to complete a basic maths and literacy test followed by another skills based interview. The interview process was really relaxed, they aren't testing you, it felt like having a conversation more than an interview. Finally there was the group activity, which was comprised of competing for limted funding for our buisness. My advice would be to not speak over other people in this bit, it's easy to get ahead of yourself and just begin shouting over others.

I was impressed with how fast they got back to me, the next morning I recieved a phone call saying I had got the job. How lovely Explore were through out the process cemented that I wanted to work for the organisation.

Interview Questions

• Are you a resilient person?
      How do you like to be managed?   Answer Question

Jun 25, 2018 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for reviewing your interview experience. It is great to hear about your positive experience. Welcome to the Explore family!