Explore Learning Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Explore Learning Tutor Interview Questions

Interviews at Explore Learning

2.6

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallington, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Wallington, London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the centre not long after my application was sent in, and had a mini 10 minute phone interview about my experiences and suitability. They then scheduled me in for an assesment day at the centre a week later,this consisted of a 1 to 1 interview, mini maths and literacy test, and interacting with the children while director observed.
During the interview they asked scenario question about what id do in certain situations e.g really disruptive child in the group
I also had to do a roleplay with interviewer on how to teach a primary student an addition question

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suitable for this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Explore Learning

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

1.cover letter and cv
    2.brief telephone conversation/mini interview
    3. in-centre interview which was quite easy, mostly compentency and motivational and also had a role play activity in which i had to explain a maths problem to the manager who was pretending to be a young child
    4. offer the next day

Tutor Interview

Interview

I had a short laid back phone interview the day after i applied, following this there was an interview that lasted about 2 hours as the centre a week later.

During this there was an interview about my CV skills etc, a scenrio based interview which included a role play in which i had to pretend the interviewer was a child and teach her subtraction with borrowing and finally a numeracy and literacy test.

There was also a breif period where i interacted with the children but this was pretty much completely unsupervised.

I got feedback within three days but if im honest i think the feedback they gave me was just the first thing that came to mind"we would have liked tou to draw more on your previous experince with children." Overall it was an ok interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a shy child?

How would you deal with a disruptive child?

If you were a parent looking in on the centre what would you want to see?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Northampton, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Other interview process was quite straightforward. An initial ice breaker talk about yourself, going over your CV and why you want the role. It was then followed by the manager role playing some difficult situations you might encounter with the children and what you would do/ review of general English and maths skills and role play of how you would teach a certain topic to a child.

Interview Questions

• A child is being disruptive in your zone, distracting the other students from their work, what do you do to solve this?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Liverpool, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I enjoyed my time at the centre but felt that the 2 hours given were not managed effectively amongst the recruitment team.

It began at 4pm and finished approximatley at 6pm. There were 2 other candidates besides myself.

The assessment day consisted of:

A short tour around the centre outlining the tutor role.
    • Interview 1: A personal interview about your CV, work experience and skills.
    • Interview 2: A scenario based interview including a numeracy role play.
    • An opportunity to work with the children.
    • A short written task and numeracy test.

During the main personal interview discussing CV, work experience and skills, it seemed the lady was not truly listening or showing any interest and was very distracted throughout which made me feel uncomfortable.

I also had the opportunity to interact with the children but this was not monitored. It felt very unorganised and the members of the recruitment team were not sure what we had completed and skipped parts of the assessment.

I received feedback a few days later to say that I was unsuccessful but felt confused as to what they based their feedback on. I was not assessed during the interaction with the children or fully engaged with during the interview. The role-play was enjoyable however, and it involved subtraction with borrowing. Following the first attempt I was provided with some feedback, what I did well and what I could improve on and was given another chance to showcase this on the second attempt.

Overall the experience was good, even though there was a sense of struggle with time management and communication amongst the recruitment team.

Interview Questions

• Personal Interview:

1) What experience do you have working with children?

2) Personal strengths and weaknesses?

3) What experience do you have in customer service?

Scenario Based Interview:

1) How would you approach a disruptive child?

2) How would you interact with a child that is shy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Explore Learning (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Involved interview with a manager (sometimes two) on the phone first, then they invite you back for an assessment day. This involves similar questions again. You also do role-play, a test [english and maths] and work with the kids to see how you get on. Can take 3-4hours.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prestwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Prestwich, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Submitted my CV and cover letter online. Was contacted a week after by phone and had a short conversation, ending with being invited for an assessment day at their center. A month later this was fairly easy, split into a literacy test, a numeracy test, which were super easy compared to the professional skills tests, an interview with the center director and an assistant director, a group task where in a team of four we came up with ideas about managing behavior and a 5-minute kids supervision. A few hours later I got a phone telling me I have been unsuccessful on this occasion, I've never felt more discriminated and hated in my entire life - they kept telling you you are going to be trained and all and everything was fairly easy, no difficult tasks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite aspect of teaching?   1 Answer

Sep 5, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your interview experience. I am unsure as to what made you feel discriminated against and hated, so if you wish to provide more detail so we can... More

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Explore Learning (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 other candidates. Process comprised of three sections. First a computer based maths test which was fairly basic, then some aptitude questions concerning how you would deal with situations such as disruptive students or bullying. Finally had to write a short 'essay' on an idea you had for a game that you could play with the children (purpose of the essay is to check spelling and punctuation.

Interview Questions

Explore Learning Response

Jul 26, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for your interview. Enjoy getting to know all the members in the centre you are starting in!

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by a relaxed phone interview. Was invited in for interview the next day - given a tour of the centre, asked a few questions about my CV and experience, a couple of role plays and spent the rest of the time interacting with the kids. There were three other candidates there, two of which also got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with problematic behaviour in your zone?   1 Answer

Jun 28, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Welcome to the Explore Learning family! Thanks for taking the time to review your interview.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Learning (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

when walked in they, sat me at a table with 2 others that were there for the interview. A woman came and gave us a tour then we went straight into it and actually helped out some kids (shadowed a tutor already there). Then I had to answer a few questions and questioned about my CV.

Interview Questions

Explore Learning Response

May 30, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thanks for reviewing your interview and welcome to Explore Learning!