Explore Schools Elementary Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Explore Schools Elementary Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Explore Schools

4.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview and an in person demo and interview. It has been 10 days and I haven't heard back when they told me I'd hear back in 5. The phone interviewer was very nice but when I went in the woman was intimidating and tried to put me down.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about constant observations and criticism?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Explore Schools

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools.

Interview

Phone Interview
    This was your typical phone interview. Happened shortly after submitting my application.
    Demo Lesson
    Very accommodating to my schedule. Students were respectful but exhibiting strong management and control seemed to be an important aspect that the team was looking for.
    Debrief
    Very strong debrief, I appreciate the amount of time the spent debriefing with me and introduced me to staff that I might know, this was very courteous of them, especially considering the fact that I did NOT get the offer. Shows a dedication to the process for all applicants despite knowing during my lesson that I was not the candidate they were looking for.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted for a phone interview. Phone interview was harsh and aggressive. I was asked to come in for an interview and demo lesson. They were flexible in terms of scheduling a time that worked for me to come in. Demo lesson: I was called a half hr before my demo lesson to tell me that it was pushed back an hour later. When I arrived they hustled me down to the classroom (of which I was told it was going to be 3rd graders) and then as I walked into the classroom, it was 2nd graders. Their students were out of control, disrespectful, and seemed to have no classroom management at all. Interviewers were aggressive and unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• If you had a student in your classroom who has an issue with behavior what would you do? If that didn't work then what? If that didn't work then what?   1 Answer