Explore Schools Special Projects Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Special Projects Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

When I had heard from Explore Schools, I was originally being considered for Purchasing Associate. However, after speaking with a recruitment coordinator, I ended up being considered for the higher position of Special Projects Coordinator based on my experience and my phone interview. In the long run, this was to my detriment.

I received a phone interview a few days after submitting my resume to their online portal. The phone interview was relatively easy, asking why Explore Schools and why I would be good. They were looking for someone organized and proficient, so it seemed. After my phone interview, I was asked to interview in person. To prepare for the interview, I was asked to do a pre-interview project consisting of a regular task for a Special Projects Coordinator. It was an individual interview with three different team members of the operations team with Explore Schools. I connected very well with the woman who would have been my boss, but the other two individuals did not seem as open and as receptive. We spoke a decent amount about my project, which was useful. Although, I did not receive any feedback necessarily on my work. However, they were all very nice to speak with and the interview went well overall. I felt confident leaving the interview, even though I knew I was definitely under-qualified.

Being chosen to interview for the higher position was great since I had experience, just not enough. In the long run, I wish I was just considered for Purchasing Associate.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize yourself? They are looking for a specific and extensive answer.   1 Answer