Explore Schools Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Explore Schools Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Explore Schools

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Connected quickly via email, then phone interview. Shortly after was called for an in class demonstration, meeting with Principal and Academic Managers. Job offer the same day. Benefits and salary information within one week.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with large groups of students and how to cater lessons to those who are struggling to keep up.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Explore Schools

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Explore Schools (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was asked to reflect upon my own educational experience, and what I could bring to the school. The interview was primarily about my past experiences and how I would use those to inform my behavior should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• What are two things not on my resume that speak to my ability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Phone interview asking traditional questions regarding pedagogy, classroom management, culture, and teaching critical thinking. In-person interview was 3 hours long! It included a demo lesson and a long debrief, during which they worked with me to dismantle and rewrite my lesson. They did this to see how flexible I would be working with a team on similar tasks to make lessons stronger.

Interview Questions

• They asked very specific questions about each part of my resume (even my early career) and showed genuine interest in my responses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a positive experience. It was a good dialogue about my background and experiences as an educator. It last for about two hours, yet it could have gone on for days! I received really good feedback on my demo lesson.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Explore Schools (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very kind and friendly. I learned a lot about the school and the expectations for teachers. I met a lot of different teachers. Everything was well communicated.

The interview process was quick. I lived out of state and the company was ready to work with my schedule.

Negotiation

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Explore Schools.

Interview

I recently applied for a job at Explore School. They got back to me right away through an email and we set up a time for a phone interview the next day. I really enjoyed the conversation. I was given information about the school and its mission, and I felt like I really knew what type of teachers they were looking for. The questions were pretty much your typical interview type questions, but they did allow for me to share some of my experiences in the classroom. I could tell the interviewer was really paying attention to my answers, because she would often refer back to something I said, and that would lead to the next question. Overall, I felt that the interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Asked a question about getting along with coworkers and how I dealt with any disagreement, or confrontation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, then came in for a demo lesson. Demo consisted of teaching, then reviewing and giving commentary on the lesson. The interviewer was the Supervisor for the position, and had been a school teacher as well, so it was easy to speak with her.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explore Schools.

Interview

The whole process was lengthy. Initially started with a phone interview. That consisted of many questions however it was interesting and challenging. I was asked back for a demo and in person interview. The interviewers spent most of the time on their phones or talking about themselves. It did not feel like a collaborative or positive setting to be a part of. They wanted to keep talking about their latest accomplishments and how they both got promoted.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that students met the intended lesson objective?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Explore Schools.

Interview

Lengthy to the point of absurdity. The questions went round and round in circles. It was exhausting. I often could't understand the point she was getting at, or the questions she was asking.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to have your students learn by the end of your lesson?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explore Schools.

Interview

Wanted to fill a position quick since the school year is about to start. I was contacted by a recruiter, did a 20 min phone interview, then was asked to do an in person interview. That took about hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child who disrupt your class repeatedly.   Answer Question