Explorica Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Explorica Inc Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Explorica Inc (Boston, MA).

Interview

I did a phone interview then came in for in person. I met three of the managers then did a job shadow with someone on the floor. The job shadow is supposed to give you a better idea of what you would be doing every day.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want this job? (I was asked this multiple times as sales can be quite difficult-they don't want people to be surprised about what it's like)   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Explorica Inc (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview. I was called at the time the interviewer said they were going to, and they were very friendly. I am not interested in working sales, so I was using this interview as a practice one. I am fresh out of college, so I have not had too much experience with the interview process, but it was a great first experience. The interviewer was straightforward, and able to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Explorica Inc in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, about a week later an in-person interview with 3 different employees (30 minutes each), then a second trip into the office the following week for a job shadow and 1:1 meetings with two more employees.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Explorica Inc (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week requesting a15 minute phone interview. Immediately after hte phone screen I was invited for an in-person interview.
    There were two hour long in person interviews with the the sales manager, the sales coach, the VP of sales, and a job shadow.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Explorica Inc (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then was brought in for 2 separate in person interviews. The in person interviews were a combination of 1 on 1 interviews and group panels. They are very relaxed while interviewing and make you feel at ease. If you have a lot of promise, you will be able to tell that they are interested in hiring you. Its important to be confident and personable. They want to know that you are great with people.

Interview Questions

• What is more important, making a sale or a satisfied customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate much for this job. I did push them into making an offer quicker since I was waiting to accept another position.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Explorica Inc in October 2009.

Interview

I had two phone interviews- one with the hiring manager and one with a department manager. Pretty standard questions- about my background, why I'm interested in the role, etc etc.

Then I had in person interviews- with three different individuals all on the same day- first the same department manager that I had the phone interview with, then another department manager, and then the VP of marketing and sales. The interviews were relaxed, it was for a sales role so of course a lot of the questions focused on pipeline building, past experiences, being comfortable on the phone, etc. Then I shadowed a Senior Sales Executive for about 30 minutes.

I was contacted within maybe 2-3 days after that with an official offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately I was a bit too green to negotiate salary so I got the short end of the stick initially. I would definitely recommend that anyone who is offered a position does a little negotiating because more likely than not your offer for a starting base salary is going to be pretty weak.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Explorica Inc in May 2009.

Interview

Interview was very informal and relaxed. I was asked about my past experiences, how I felt about the project I would be working on and if I felt I was up for the challenge. I had two interviews, one with the leader of the project and one with the director of the department.

Interview Questions

• What are three words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question