Express Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

We sat out in the hallway of the mall and spoke about why I wanted to get into retail from my past job experience, and about who I was as a person. I feel like the interview questions were appropriate, but there wasn't as much emphasis on career growth as I would have liked as someone with several years of managerial experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you disagree with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I just recently got hired for a part-time position by Express and the interview was very laid back. It was relaxed and easy-going, we went outside of the store and sat on a couch and just chatted. I was asked simple questions, some about myself, what would I do if I thought a customer was stealing, and what would I do if I thought a fellow co-worker was stealing. The interview lasted all of 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you thought a customer was stealing?   1 Answer

Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, then an in-person interview the next week. I met with 3 different team members and had an unexpected Excel quiz. The interview process lasted about 1.5 hours. I had to follow up several times to get any feedback about next steps.

Accountant I, Sales Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I reached out to a Senior recruiter for express via Linkedin. Upon contacting me, we had a brief discussion about my background and qualifications. She then sent my resume over and I had a phone interview with an Accounting Manager, the I interviewed with 4 managers from different departments (Accounting & HR). The interview took about 3 hours and a week later I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a fast paced environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

the hiring and interview process was really simple and easy. the interviewer was very friendly and asked very simple and casual question. The interview was held right inside the store on a bench that was in the shoe fitting are.

E-Commerce Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

A series of interviews with about 7 different people, on site. I flew in from out-of-state for this. This company is a joke - they have NO CLASS. No common courtesy whatsoever. After spending a day and half traveling (flying) there and going through the entire process, once it was over, I never heard a single word from them ever again. No so much as an email telling me to fly a kite. No responses to my emails or calls. Nothing. No common courtesy at all - total lack of professionalism. That's OK, I've told several people about what a classless company they are.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was divided into two 30 minute sections with two different people. The first section was basic interview questions, and the second was an overview of the position and responsibilities. It was at the home office held in a conference room. They said I would hear back in a week, but it ended up being two. They emailed me telling me they had selected another candidate instead. Everyone, even the receptionist, were very friendly throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to the company?   1 Answer
    • Where do you find style inspiration?   1 Answer

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other people and the interviewer. We all exchanged questions and answers then it was over. It was a group interview with 2 other people and the interviewer. We all exchanged questions and answers then it was over.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where someone went above and beyond for customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great and the store manager was super nice! It was one on one and we went through the whole interview with no problems. She told me that the company looks for potential employees who are bubbly, responsible, and a good fit for the company. Express does not hire under 18, so she told me I couldn't get the job because she didn't realize I was under age.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

First, is about a 15-20 minute phone screen. Following the phone screen you will be asked to come to the home office for an in person interview. During this interview I met with a member of HR and then 3 employees within merchandising. Following this interview I had one final round via Skype in order to meet the members of the team in which I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your past experiences. Where do you look to for inspiration? If you had to choose a new brand ambassador who would it be and why? What are current and future trends?   Answer Question