Express Employment Professionals Admin Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Employment Professionals Admin Assistant Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express Employment Professionals (Visalia, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First and foremost it is imperative to treat every person with respect. This office employs unorthodox ways of interviewing. It was an unpleasant and unwarranted feeling to wait patiently in the reception area as the interviewer dismantled the self esteem of the young lady interviewing before me. I feel that it is inappropriate to interview, or consider having an interview with the office door open so all the others, staff, and clients waiting in the reception room can hear the good, bad, or indifferent information about the interviewee. This is inappropriate behavior, degrading, and immoral to have any information up for grabs for listening ears like myself. I felt embarrassed to be in that establishment, or a lack there of.

Interview Questions

• There was not one difficult question asked.   1 Answer

As I was approached by the young woman who was to interview me, I quickly looked at my watch to find that she was already 35 minutes late to interview me. I shook her hand politely and asked how her day was, she nicely obliged. However, being seated in her office and noticing that she has no apparent professional skills; she nicely left the door open for me as well. I quickly found that being a full time online student already put me into the red zone. What I found interesting about her remark “My clients are looking for a permanent employee, this position will not work for you because you are a student.” I dismissed her ignorance of education and she quickly asked me about some other random stuff. I answered politely. She asked me what position I was applying for. Why would she not know that if she has my online application in front of her? Strike two; I will dismiss the lack of technology within the office to relay pertinent information to the interviewer so they can collectively ask appropriate questions to employ an educated individual like myself. I then pulled out a list of my questions and the first one on my list “What clients (businesses) do you work with?” Her response, hunched over in her chair, shrug of the shoulders, “Name anyone and I will tell you if we do or not.” I quietly and quickly shut my folder that contained my two degrees, my transcripts for working on my third degree, my references, resume, cover letter, and personal information, smiled and said, “Thank you for your time.” They said, “Why are leaving?” I said, “I asked a specific question, instead you gave me a rhetorical answer.” I felt completely insulted by a person who apparently is not knowledgeable of the position that she holds, has a lack of people skills, unable to use common sense, the inability to use critical thinking skills, and cognitive thought. On that note, I wish the best of luck to any one individual applying to any positions with this firm.

Other Interview Reviews for Express Employment Professionals

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in March 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line and within 1 day received an e-mail from one of the representatives at a nearby office to request I visit for an interview and take an Excel/Word skills test, which I scheduled for the following week.
    I arrived and waited for about 15 minutes after my scheduled time, as their telephone and e-mail traffic was starting to increase. I met and interviewed for about 10 minutes, which was positive and then took the Excel and Word assessment on their system. I then was directed to another terminal where the company orientation was presented on a UTube video when prompted and it was very informative; simple and to-the-point. After that I greeted the interviewer who reiterated when to call in my availability and then I left the office. The interviewer was very comfortable, but seemed a little tense in trying to be very thorough but succeeded. While I was taking the Excel test, a call was answered by the woman who interviewed me and she directed it to whom I presumed to be the office manager, who explained to the caller that they had failed to notify her office of their absence and another person was called for a job instead. After she ended the call professionally, she spoke candidly about the person not being available, loud enough for everyone to hear since there are no walls separating the work areas; this method of communication is practiced and apparently acceptable. I found it unprofessional; such disclosure should be confined to the client's folder for the record by way of e-mail or written note culled from a telephone call or visit by the client to the office. Overall, the visit was positive, and I sensed some energy in the office climate. I've called in a few times but I have received no calls for jobs as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job ?   1 Answer

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in March 2010.

Interview

Lots of tests, even though I did above average - average I still haven't been offered temp, temp to hire, or direct hire positions. Recruiter was not very personable, looked at computer more than she looked at me. I left feeling like it was a waste of tiem. Very disappointed since they helped me get a job previously.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions were asked, mostly information just given to me as she read over my resume   1 Answer