Express Full Time Sales Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Full Time Sales Lead Interview Questions

1.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Full Time Sales Lead Interview

Interview

The interview process was standard for most retailers. As I was moving up from an associate to a sales lead they asked questions like how will you manage associates that you have previously worked along side, etc. Also situational scenarios like what would you do if an irate customer is demanding to see a manager but your shipment has just arrived outside what do you do?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express (Franklin, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

I was recruited while helping a friend shop in the store. They saw that "I knew the brand very well and wanted me on board." The interview was very informal. Just some questions about past experience and what I liked about Express.

Interview Questions

• I had to talk about a time when I had to discipline a former employee. I have been taught not to talk about discipline with others, so I found it hard to tell the details of someone else's discipline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Express (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied in August and did not get a call until October for seasonal hiring. It was a group interview. The lady was very nice but the store was messed and looked like they needed some help.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation with a customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Full Time Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Express in October 2014.

Interview

Did not have a formal interview. Knew the management from years of shopping at Express, was good friends with them. Was recruited multiple times over a year and continuously declined. When the proper offer could be made, I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for salary wise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

You apply online and take an integrity assessment and wait for the store to call you for an interview. If you passed the assessment, they will call you for an interview with Talent Co-manager or Store manager.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Express? Did you work in retail before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Edina, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and fun experience. Met with the hiring manager, and after talking with me, she called that afternoon and said the manager wanted to meet me and offer me a higher position. I then met with the manager, and she wanted me to meet the district manager. The district manager interviewed me and said great things. Lastly, I met with the store manager as here the district manager wanted to place me at. Long process but really paid off.

Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Express (Collierville, TN).

Interview

There are at least 3 interviews when dealing with any management role at Express--one with the manager for the store you are applying to, one with a manager from another store, and one with the district manager. The last two are typically done over the phone, but are for the most part, pretty laid back. If you pass the first interview, they talk to you pretty much like you've already got the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Dayton, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the Store Manager. Interviewed week later with the District Manager. Offered the position from the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when I had to prioritize tasks, how I accomplished them, and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to coach an associate for performance, and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable salary & start date.