Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.4

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Locust Grove, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to Express in Locust Grove, GA. I got a called back a week later to schedule for an interview. It was a group interview with one other person besides me. The interview process went great. The manager even said she would give us a call back Thursday for a start date. I never received a phone call and it has been three days since my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Express?

What is the differences between a good customer services and a exceptional customer services?

Describe a time when you dealt with a unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Ontario, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy the guy was very nice and relaxed. Thought the interview went well but never got a call back. I called and they said they hired someone with more experience when the guy told me they weren't hiring for experience.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy process, i applied via online and receive a call 3 days later. My first interview was in group and was for Part Time Sales Associate. The next day i received a call to inquire about my availability for an interview that was conducted by the manager, for a Full Time Sales Associate.This interview was one to one.

Interview Questions

• What was you most happy moment?   1 Answer
    • In you previous job what accomplishment did you receive?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me in after 3 days told me after review they'll call me back and I haven't gotten a call back, I actually believed the interview went well so I was dissapointed when I didn't get a call back.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Express (Somerville, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

It was about 2 hours. Took a few computer tests such as Excel and typing. Completed several in-house consent foms such as contacting your references. Given license for background check. Interviewed with management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your professional background and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Coconut, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview i was the first one there,had to wait around for 10 minutes for other candidates to arrive.It was pretty casual and laid back.The girl taking our interview said it was her first time doing this by herself.Interview was 30mins long.Most of the questions were personality based.just smile a lot they want friendly people.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a difficult customer ?   1 Answer
    • How would you react if you saw an employ checking out merch on employee discount for others.   Answer Question
    • why express ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview held in the back room of the store. It was myself and 3 other candidates. There were lots of scenario questions and sales based questions. 2 of the candidates kept dragging out the question so by time it was my turn and the other candidates turn to answer, we had forgotten the basis of the question.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would boost sales in the store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview with two other girls. Manager was very friendly and fun to talk to. It lasted about 30 mins.It has been two weeks and im still waiting on an answer.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

Group Interview. The hiring manager did not dress appropriately, wearing a leggings and a club-wear shirt. Express at Cross County did not follow up at all after the interview although I did the best at answering the questions. Came in twice to ask about my application status. Was brushed off and dismissed very rudely. Did not enjoy the interview at all. Should be more professional people in management and needs major improvements in their hiring procedure.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came in with a shirt with a whole you expect they stole?   Answer Question

Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, then an in-person interview the next week. I met with 3 different team members and had an unexpected Excel quiz. The interview process lasted about 1.5 hours. I had to follow up several times to get any feedback about next steps.