Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Coconut, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview i was the first one there,had to wait around for 10 minutes for other candidates to arrive.It was pretty casual and laid back.The girl taking our interview said it was her first time doing this by herself.Interview was 30mins long.Most of the questions were personality based.just smile a lot they want friendly people.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a difficult customer ?   1 Answer
    • How would you react if you saw an employ checking out merch on employee discount for others.   Answer Question
    • why express ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview held in the back room of the store. It was myself and 3 other candidates. There were lots of scenario questions and sales based questions. 2 of the candidates kept dragging out the question so by time it was my turn and the other candidates turn to answer, we had forgotten the basis of the question.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would boost sales in the store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview with two other girls. Manager was very friendly and fun to talk to. It lasted about 30 mins.It has been two weeks and im still waiting on an answer.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

Group Interview. The hiring manager did not dress appropriately, wearing a leggings and a club-wear shirt. Express at Cross County did not follow up at all after the interview although I did the best at answering the questions. Came in twice to ask about my application status. Was brushed off and dismissed very rudely. Did not enjoy the interview at all. Should be more professional people in management and needs major improvements in their hiring procedure.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came in with a shirt with a whole you expect they stole?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express in June 2016.

Interview

I went in for an interview it was a one on one interview, the manager seemed really nice. She asked questions about what I did in my last previous job and how I would handle certain situations if I was working. During the interview I felt confident and welcomed, I thought i'd get the job because of the feed backs she was saying when I was done answering each question, but I have not heard for 8 days. Called yesterday to follow up said the same thing, "the manager is still in the reference process, and she'll call today and let you know for an offer" It's been 8 days...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a solo interview in the back room of the store with one of the managers. She was very friendly and welcoming. Most of the questions were about my past job experience. I haven't worked much but it still wasn't too hard to answer the questions. Overall I thought the interview went well. I was a little bit surprised that I didn't get an offer but I ended up getting offers from two other retail stores.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Express (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Short interview. Was asked to talk about myself. Nothing specific was asked like they only want more profiles in but not interested in you. asked for all documents that you dont need to give as its not job offered.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

in person interview in the stores back manager's office with either a co manager or store manager, The prospective employee is asked a series of questions and then call references after interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Macon, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a couple days to come in to interview with the store manager. Interview was one on one and took about 15-20 minutes. Pretty casual and everyone was friendly and nice. Lots of people working at a time. There were several interviews in a row after mine.

Backroom Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Coral Springs, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was brought into a backroom with two other people for a group interview. We were all given the same questions. I had to go first and it seemed as if the guy who answered after me was pretty much repeating my answers. Pretty straight-forward questions, however I suggest making a list of questions and answers that have to do with customer service experience and dealing with customers.