Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.0

647 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

TIPS:
    - Look up interview questions and practice your answers
    - Do research on the company... find 3 things you like about Express (ex: amazing clothes for any occasion, great customer service, support for non-profit organizations/gives back to the community)
    - Be confident and make sure to breathe so that you can be calm and show parts of your personality
    - Have good posture and good eye contact

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Locust Grove, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to Express in Locust Grove, GA. I got a called back a week later to schedule for an interview. It was a group interview with one other person besides me. The interview process went great. The manager even said she would give us a call back Thursday for a start date. I never received a phone call and it has been three days since my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Express?

What is the differences between a good customer services and a exceptional customer services?

Describe a time when you dealt with a unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Albany, NY).

Interview

Applied at Express in Albany online and got a call a few days later. They asked if I could come into a group interview which I declined because I had work, but we rescheduled for another time. I was called back the next day asking if I could come in at a later time - I agreed. When I went in it was to my surprise a group interview. Some people came in late or did not act appropriately as they should have during the interview, but the manager hired everyone there. Seems to me like they don't care who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Express   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had good customer service and what made it good. Followed by- What's the difference between a good customer service experience and a great experience   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Group interview. There were a few questions, mostly retail-specific and based on situations or past experiences. They emphasized a high standard for customer service. They got back to me quickly.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy process, i applied via online and receive a call 3 days later. My first interview was in group and was for Part Time Sales Associate. The next day i received a call to inquire about my availability for an interview that was conducted by the manager, for a Full Time Sales Associate.This interview was one to one.

Interview Questions

• What was you most happy moment?   1 Answer
    • In you previous job what accomplishment did you receive?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Asked me a few questions over the phone and set a face to face interview date. Super chill and easy interview questions. I was offered a position on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

I walked into the store and the manager took me out to the mall to sit on a bench to conduct the interview. She asked me about school and my availability and then started with the interview questions. Overall it was really relaxed and simple.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me in after 3 days told me after review they'll call me back and I haven't gotten a call back, I actually believed the interview went well so I was dissapointed when I didn't get a call back.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview itself went fairly quick. I didn't have prior work experience so there weren't many questions I could be asked. The manager was very nice yet professional and I was offered the job on the spot. She felt the job was a perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you found yourself in a stressful situation, and tell me how you coped with it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Six of us went to the back storage room and sat in a circle in a group interview setting where they asked a series of questions were standard and related to our prior experience and how we would deal with customers.